File names

Could you tell me how come some of the file names in an open folder in the
classic view some of the file names are blue and some are black? I know it is
something very simple?
Thanks Frank

In news:37F663EF-A228-4C37-A8E4-25FD29F4093B@microsoft.com,
franke <franke@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Could you tell me how come some of the file names in an open
> folder
> in the classic view some of the file names are blue and some
> are
> black? I know it is something very simple?

Blue files are compressed.

Please reply to the newsgroup

franke wrote:
> Could you tell me how come some of the file names in an open folder
> in the classic view some of the file names are blue and some are
> black? I know it is something very simple?
> Thanks Frank

Frank

The color means that the files are compressed. Take a look at the following
articles for a description of the file compression feature.

How To Use File Compression in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307987

How To Use Compressed (Zipped) Folders in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306531

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP