Can my machine run winFax with no users logged on?

I'm on a simple peer-to-peer LAN and want to install winFax so as to work
after a system crash when no-one is logged on. At present it's running off
my machine (XP SP2) and seems to be independent of any particular user.

Can we create a user that automatically starts at power on?

Thanks,
Peter.
1 answer Last reply
More about machine winfax users logged

    "Peter Chatterton" <peterchatterton@bellnet.ca> wrote in

    > I'm on a simple peer-to-peer LAN and want to install winFax so as to
    > work after a system crash when no-one is logged on. At present it's
    > running off my machine (XP SP2) and seems to be independent of any
    > particular user.
    >
    > Can we create a user that automatically starts at power on?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Peter.

    More importantly, I would figure out what's crashing the computer and fix
    that.

    From the Symantec website:

    WinFax PRO 10.02 and WinFax Basic Edition 10.02 are supported under
    Windows XP and with Office XP.
    WinFax PRO 10.0 and WinFax Basic Edition 10.0 are not supported under
    Windows XP.

    Could this be what is crashing the PC ?

    As for automatically logging on, you can, but that user will always be
    logged on every time the computer starts.

    Goto Start Menu -> Run -> Type in: control userpasswords2
    Then press return. There's a checkbox at the top that is checked. It says
    require users to enter a password. If you uncheck that it will then ask
    for what user profile to use.

    Regards,

    DanS

Microsoft Windows XP