My first build...parts ordered any comments welcome

rquinn19

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
I'm not too much of a pc gamer, probably because my laptop with integrated graphics stinks at games and therefore all my gaming is done on my 360 and original xbox. I do do alot of video transcoding (divx to dvd). My Toshiba laptop with its terrible overheating problems is very unreliable for such a long task so therefore I'm building a desktop.

E6300
P5B Deluxe
2X512 Crucial Ballistix DDR2-667 3-3-3-12
2X160 GB Seagate SATA hard drives (will be in Raid0)
Samsung DVD Burner
eVGA 7600 GTS
Floppy drive (for the raid drivers on xp install)
Raidmax Smilodon case with the included power supply

I'm kinda putting this together in a rush and I realize I could've done better with 2X1GB ram, better video card, E6400 (I will be overclocking), power supply, and HSF but I figured get what I could and absolutely needed now and I can always upgrade later (power supply will be sooner than later).

I have one concern though. I dont have a monitor and was planning on using my 26" HDTV will this work from the start or will I have to borrow my parents monitor of their computer?

edit:Theres a NB fan that comes with the P5B Deluxe but it says not to use it unless your using a passive or watercooled system...would a Ninja w/o a fan and that be adequate cooling? I guess if not I can take the fan of the NB back out and throw a fan on the ninja.

der_meister

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
i'd get a more name brad PSu such as a seasonic or somthing of that nature, nothuins worse than loosing your system from a bad PSU/no nmae PSU

rquinn19

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
i'd get a more name brad PSu such as a seasonic or somthing of that nature, nothuins worse than loosing your system from a bad PSU/no nmae PSU

is that really a necessity for 1 maybe 2 weeks max? I'll probably order 1 tommorow but not gonna want to wait for it to be shipped! Its rated at 500W but it there is only 1 12v rail.

trixst4r

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
you definitely could have used 2 gigs of ram, the 6300 was not a bad choice. You are better off to not OC before you get a new HSF such as a scythe or a big typhoon(personal recommendation).

Your system is not a power guzzler but I would also recommend a better PSU as the other poster said.

TRENDING THREADS