gamer profile lost in URU

Last response: in Video Games
Share
October 26, 2004 12:35:45 AM

Yesterday i was playing URU in hte single player mode, as the system
crashed.
Now it seems that the game has lost my profile.
In the game directory i can still find my saved games, but i'm not
able to play the game with those saved data. i need to make a new
player and start all over again.
How has the answer to this problem?????

--
verwijder nospam bij antwoorden
Suzuki DR-650 RS

More about : gamer profile lost uru

November 15, 2004 7:29:34 AM

Marcel <T.S.Garp@nospammac27.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<mn.ccd37d4a45dcb296.9143@nospammac27.demon.nl>...
> Yesterday i was playing URU in hte single player mode, as the system
> crashed.
> Now it seems that the game has lost my profile.
> In the game directory i can still find my saved games, but i'm not
> able to play the game with those saved data. i need to make a new
> player and start all over again.
> How has the answer to this problem?????

I (or rather a friend with no internet access) have the same problem.
If you received an answer direct by email, could you post it here. My
friend was almost at the end of the 'Uru to D'ni' expansion pack when
this happened.

Some of the old beta testers should know the answer to this :-)

Thanks

Eric
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 1:20:12 PM

"Eric" <eric.massey@gmail.com> wrote:
> Marcel <T.S.Garp@nospammac27.demon.nl> wrote:
> > Yesterday i was playing URU in hte single player mode, as the system
> > crashed.
> > Now it seems that the game has lost my profile.
> > In the game directory i can still find my saved games, but i'm not
> > able to play the game with those saved data. i need to make a new
> > player and start all over again.
> > How has the answer to this problem?????
>
> I (or rather a friend with no internet access) have the same problem.
> If you received an answer direct by email, could you post it here. My
> friend was almost at the end of the 'Uru to D'ni' expansion pack when
> this happened.
>
> Some of the old beta testers should know the answer to this :-)

I had the same problem. I solved it by uninstalling and selling the game:^(

Seahag
November 30, 2004 12:17:32 AM

I had the same problem. I installed the patch from the uru website. that
solved my problem. If that doesn't work... tough luck.
"Marcel" <T.S.Garp@nospammac27.demon.nl> wrote in message
> Yesterday i was playing URU in hte single player mode, as the system
> crashed.
> Now it seems that the game has lost my profile.
> In the game directory i can still find my saved games, but i'm not
> able to play the game with those saved data. i need to make a new
> player and start all over again.
> How has the answer to this problem?????
>
> --
> verwijder nospam bij antwoorden
> Suzuki DR-650 RS
> TDM 850
> ########
> \/

Anonymous
December 1, 2004 12:35:33 AM

I wondered, later, if naming my avatar the same every time kept the file
looping around in a sort of fatal death dive...

Seahag

"crowmania" <crowmania@home.nl> wrote in message
>I had the same problem. I installed the patch from the uru website. that
> solved my problem. If that doesn't work... tough luck.
> "Marcel" <T.S.Garp@nospammac27.demon.nl> wrote in message
>> Yesterday i was playing URU in hte single player mode, as the system
>> crashed.
>> Now it seems that the game has lost my profile.
>> In the game directory i can still find my saved games, but i'm not
>> able to play the game with those saved data. i need to make a new
>> player and start all over again.
>> How has the answer to this problem?????
>>
>> --
>> verwijder nospam bij antwoorden
>> Suzuki DR-650 RS
>> TDM 850
>> ########
>> \/

Anonymous
December 1, 2004 5:45:29 AM

I'm not aware of anyway to recover and continue
using those saved games. In future you might want
to backup your save games folder after a session
of play (or every couple of hours if you're system is
prone to crashing).

DMW

!