gamer profile lost in URU

Yesterday i was playing URU in hte single player mode, as the system
crashed.
Now it seems that the game has lost my profile.
In the game directory i can still find my saved games, but i'm not
able to play the game with those saved data. i need to make a new
player and start all over again.
How has the answer to this problem?????

--
verwijder nospam bij antwoorden
Suzuki DR-650 RS

    Marcel <T.S.Garp@nospammac27.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<mn.ccd37d4a45dcb296.9143@nospammac27.demon.nl>...
    > Yesterday i was playing URU in hte single player mode, as the system
    > crashed.
    > Now it seems that the game has lost my profile.
    > In the game directory i can still find my saved games, but i'm not
    > able to play the game with those saved data. i need to make a new
    > player and start all over again.
    > How has the answer to this problem?????

    I (or rather a friend with no internet access) have the same problem.
    If you received an answer direct by email, could you post it here. My
    friend was almost at the end of the 'Uru to D'ni' expansion pack when
    this happened.

    Some of the old beta testers should know the answer to this :-)

    Thanks

    Eric
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    "Eric" <eric.massey@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Marcel <T.S.Garp@nospammac27.demon.nl> wrote:
    > > Yesterday i was playing URU in hte single player mode, as the system
    > > crashed.
    > > Now it seems that the game has lost my profile.
    > > In the game directory i can still find my saved games, but i'm not
    > > able to play the game with those saved data. i need to make a new
    > > player and start all over again.
    > > How has the answer to this problem?????
    >
    > I (or rather a friend with no internet access) have the same problem.
    > If you received an answer direct by email, could you post it here. My
    > friend was almost at the end of the 'Uru to D'ni' expansion pack when
    > this happened.
    >
    > Some of the old beta testers should know the answer to this :-)

    I had the same problem. I solved it by uninstalling and selling the game:^(

    Seahag
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    I had the same problem. I installed the patch from the uru website. that
    solved my problem. If that doesn't work... tough luck.
    "Marcel" <T.S.Garp@nospammac27.demon.nl> wrote in message
    > Yesterday i was playing URU in hte single player mode, as the system
    > crashed.
    > Now it seems that the game has lost my profile.
    > In the game directory i can still find my saved games, but i'm not
    > able to play the game with those saved data. i need to make a new
    > player and start all over again.
    > How has the answer to this problem?????
    >
    > --
    > verwijder nospam bij antwoorden
    > Suzuki DR-650 RS
    > TDM 850
    > ########
    > \/

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    I wondered, later, if naming my avatar the same every time kept the file
    looping around in a sort of fatal death dive...

    Seahag

    "crowmania" <crowmania@home.nl> wrote in message
    >I had the same problem. I installed the patch from the uru website. that
    > solved my problem. If that doesn't work... tough luck.
    > "Marcel" <T.S.Garp@nospammac27.demon.nl> wrote in message
    >> Yesterday i was playing URU in hte single player mode, as the system
    >> crashed.
    >> Now it seems that the game has lost my profile.
    >> In the game directory i can still find my saved games, but i'm not
    >> able to play the game with those saved data. i need to make a new
    >> player and start all over again.
    >> How has the answer to this problem?????
    >>
    >> --
    >> verwijder nospam bij antwoorden
    >> Suzuki DR-650 RS
    >> TDM 850
    >> ########
    >> \/

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    I'm not aware of anyway to recover and continue
    using those saved games. In future you might want
    to backup your save games folder after a session
    of play (or every couple of hours if you're system is
    prone to crashing).

    DMW

    "Seahag" <Seahag@toadymail.net> wrote in message
    > I wondered, later, if naming my avatar the same every time kept the file
    > looping around in a sort of fatal death dive...
    >
    > Seahag
    >
    > "crowmania" <crowmania@home.nl> wrote in message
    > >I had the same problem. I installed the patch from the uru website. that
    > > solved my problem. If that doesn't work... tough luck.
    > > "Marcel" <T.S.Garp@nospammac27.demon.nl> wrote in message
    > >> Yesterday i was playing URU in hte single player mode, as the system
    > >> crashed.
    > >> Now it seems that the game has lost my profile.
    > >> In the game directory i can still find my saved games, but i'm not
    > >> able to play the game with those saved data. i need to make a new
    > >> player and start all over again.
    > >> How has the answer to this problem?????
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> verwijder nospam bij antwoorden