Epson RX510 - Slow To Receive Data From Computer

Howdy All,

I have a new USB Epson RX510 (Australian model) all in one
(printer,scanner copy etc) and am very happy with the overall quality
of printed photos and text.

I have it setup to a Win XP Pro (SP2) machine and although it prints
fine normally on the very first copy, the second and subsequent copies
seem to take far too long to be sent to the printer and be printed.

For example, if I open a program (say Photo Impression - software that
came with printer), the first photo sent to the printer will begin
printing almost immediately.

If I then choose a second photo then hit print, the data appears to be
sent to the printer, the printer icon appears in the task bar, but
nothing (usually) happens for anywhere between 1 or 2 minutes, up to
about 5 to 6 minutes (although times vary).

This slow printing problem occurs in any program and normally affects
the second and subsequent copies.

When waiting for a document to print, if I open the printer queue
from the task bar, I notice that under the Port tab (which is usually
USB001) there is no port listed.

If I wait and wait, the document eventually is sent to the printer and
when I again open the printer queue from the task bar, I note that
USB001 now appears under Port.

I know this is along explanation, but I can't really think of any
other way of explaining the problem.

I have all the latest drivers for the printer, motherboard (NForce2
chipset) and also Windows XP Pro.

Anyone any ideas please??
--
Avenger©
I *HATE* Spam

Avenger© wrote:

> I have a new USB Epson RX510 (Australian model) all in one
> (printer,scanner copy etc) and am very happy with the overall
> quality of printed photos and text.
>
> I have it setup to a Win XP Pro (SP2) machine and although it
> prints fine normally on the very first copy, the second and
> subsequent copies seem to take far too long to be sent to the
> printer and be printed.
>
> For example, if I open a program (say Photo Impression -
> software that came with printer), the first photo sent to the
> printer will begin printing almost immediately.
>
> If I then choose a second photo then hit print, the data
> appears to be sent to the printer, the printer icon appears in
> the task bar, but nothing (usually) happens for anywhere
> between 1 or 2 minutes, up to about 5 to 6 minutes (although
> times vary).
>
> This slow printing problem occurs in any program and normally
> affects the second and subsequent copies.
>
> When waiting for a document to print, if I open the printer
> queue from the task bar, I notice that under the Port tab
> (which is usually USB001) there is no port listed.
>
> If I wait and wait, the document eventually is sent to the
> printer and when I again open the printer queue from the task
> bar, I note that USB001 now appears under Port.
>
> I know this is along explanation, but I can't really think of
> any other way of explaining the problem.
>
> I have all the latest drivers for the printer, motherboard
> (NForce2 chipset) and also Windows XP Pro.

FWIW, I'm experiencing similar tardy behaviour with my RX630
under Linux - but only since I've started leaving another USB
device (flash card reader/writer) plugged in.

John

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 07:12:40 +1000, John Henderson
<jhenRemoveThis@talk21.com> wrote:

>FWIW, I'm experiencing similar tardy behaviour with my RX630
>under Linux - but only since I've started leaving another USB
>device (flash card reader/writer) plugged in.
>
>John

John, I have fixed my slow printing problems and have emailed you with
my fix.

Cheers,

--
Avenger©