a7v8x auto fan speed control

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hello.
i have an asus a7v8x and last days i have that problem.
acording to sisftware sandra 2007 the cpu reaches a 100 c,as aresult the system shut down to protect hardware damage.
using the bios i found out that the cooler fan was operating at about 1000rpm.
in sandra in cooling devices there is no auto fan controler now.
if i am right this motherboard support that and in past, if i remember right there was this option.
in few words i opened the case and installed the cpu fan in
-power fan1- instead in -cpu fan1-.
now the system operates at about 80 c and the fan about 5200rpm.
still in sandra there is no auto fan speed controler.
is it possible that the -cpu fan1-is been damaged and does not send out the right voltage?
how could this happened?
any ideas?
thanks for your time.

yeeyoh

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
Even 80c is quite high.
I would at the very least try and re-seat the heat sink on the chip and it might be a good idea to get some thermal paste to put between the two. There should be some tutorials on how to do this on the AMD web sight as well as possibly the ASUS web sight if not others.
I blew the on-board fans on my A7V8X-X quite a while ago; I ended up running them all directly off the power supply for about a year and a half with no problems. Right up until my recent upgrade.
I have found the best combination, a fan blowing air in (in) the front, a fan on the heat sink on the CPU (of course), and a fan blowing air out the back.
Good luck and try to get it down to 65c or less.

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hello.
maby you hvae right about it.
but u know that when power fan starts at few rpm >2000
then the temperature will rich its maximun.
but if i shutdown the pc and restart it,(not restart)
then everything fixes up.
the rpm are normally around 5000 and the temperature is ok.
if i buy a new fan u think that the problem will fix it?
my personal opinion is that this one is from motherboard so and the new one fan will have the same problems.
u said that that u connect it directry to power suplly it that ok .
can this fan be connected there.?
what the volts that it have?
thans anyway.

yeeyoh

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
you can buy case fans that use one of the plugs that might normally be used for a CD rom drive or a harddrive.
Hot-wire you CPU fan into the same plug or beter yet buy one of those case fans and hot wire you CPU fan into it's connector.
This way the fans turn on and off when you turn the computer on and off. Worked for me.