WMP9: MP3->WMA on PPC?

January 13, 2005 10:56:23 AM

I am using Windows Media Player 9, attempting to Sync MP3 files from my PC
Hard Disk to my IPaq Storage Card. I am synced between PC and PPC with
ActiveSync 3.7.1, under Windows XP SP2.

The transfer goes fine but there is no format conversion from MP3 to WMA. I
would prefer the WMA format because it is half the size of the MP3 file!

It seems to me that previous versions of WMP did this conversion when saving
MP3 files to "your device". With WMP9, is this conversion still possible?
Are there some options to change in WMP9 or in AS?

Thakks for any help!

- Jeff Schallenberg

More about : wmp9 mp3 wma ppc

Anonymous
January 13, 2005 5:13:29 PM

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:56:23 -0500, Jeff Schallenberg
<jschall@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I am using Windows Media Player 9, attempting to Sync MP3 files from my
> PC
> Hard Disk to my IPaq Storage Card. I am synced between PC and PPC with
> ActiveSync 3.7.1, under Windows XP SP2.
>
> The transfer goes fine but there is no format conversion from MP3 to
> WMA. I
> would prefer the WMA format because it is half the size of the MP3 file!
>
> It seems to me that previous versions of WMP did this conversion when
> saving
> MP3 files to "your device". With WMP9, is this conversion still possible?
> Are there some options to change in WMP9 or in AS?
>
> Thakks for any help!
>
> - Jeff Schallenberg

I don't remember there being an automatic conversion. But you can convert
and then transfer.

--
editor, www.pocketpcaddict.com
developer Achieve-IT! PPC Goal Setter:

"Brad Isaac" <admin@stopspam.pocketpcaddict.com> wrote in message
news:o pskj2cru425tyy7@ahec_admin.mosescone.com...
> I don't remember there being an automatic conversion. But you can convert
> and then transfer.

OK, how do I convert MP3 files on my PC to WMA files prior to sending to the
PPC?

- Jeff
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
January 16, 2005 8:53:57 AM

Interesting. Didn't know that it converted MP3's.
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 10:47:20 AM

"Jeff Schallenberg" <jschall@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

| "Brad Isaac" <admin@stopspam.pocketpcaddict.com> wrote in message
| news:o pskj2cru425tyy7@ahec_admin.mosescone.com...
| > I don't remember there being an automatic conversion. But you can
convert
| > and then transfer.
| >

| OK, how do I convert MP3 files on my PC to WMA files prior to sending
to the
| PPC?
|
| - Jeff

There are a number of programs that will convert music formats, even
Winamp can do it. Try a web search and find one that suits you. Some
convert only, some are players too.
!