Ethernet Braoadband connection to home, assigning static p..

The local ISP giving Ethernet directly to home as Broadband connection,
the technician comes home and asks whether is the PC, he plugs in the
RJ-45 cable to NIC, then he assigns static private IP address to the
NIC interface, he tells, they have a switch outside, that's where the
connection comes from. he assings 192.168.25.235 as IP address and
192.168.25.1 as gateway, if I want to connect any Broadband Router to
that, I don''t think I can use any wireless laptop or another PC
connected to the LAN port of the Router. they are cheating this is as
Broadband connection, how can I believe this is as Broadband
connection, there is no other ISP available at all. I am wondering what
to do to connect two or three PC's on the Internet.
1 answer Last reply
More about ethernet braoadband connection home assigning static

    GS wrote:

    > The local ISP giving Ethernet directly to home as Broadband connection,
    > the technician comes home and asks whether is the PC, he plugs in the
    > RJ-45 cable to NIC, then he assigns static private IP address to the
    > NIC interface, he tells, they have a switch outside, that's where the
    > connection comes from. he assings 192.168.25.235 as IP address and
    > 192.168.25.1 as gateway, if I want to connect any Broadband Router to
    > that, I don''t think I can use any wireless laptop or another PC
    > connected to the LAN port of the Router. they are cheating this is as
    > Broadband connection, how can I believe this is as Broadband
    > connection, there is no other ISP available at all. I am wondering what
    > to do to connect two or three PC's on the Internet.

    You can get one of those firewall/router boxes. Some support WiFi. Then
    clone the MAC address of your computer into the router. The ISP won't be
    able to tell the difference. You can then plug what you want into the
    router.

Connection Ethernet Card Internet Service Providers Networking