Last response: in Graphics & Displays

Which one is best?

Total: 10 votes

• MSI nx7600GT-HD
  • 20 %
  • XFX nvidia 7600GT
  • 80 %
September 8, 2006 8:20:47 AM

Well i have posted this thread in the CPU section also but i again posted in graphics section to get a perfect reply.

Well i have bought up a new machine with a8n sli deluxe,amd 3500+ venice core,msi nx7600GT and 1 gb ram.

I have an xp professional version 2002 SP2.I recently installed it and ran 3d mark 2006 for the first time on it.I was shocked to see the results.It was very high 3625 marks.Then getting so excited i overclocked it to COLONEL(D.O.T in MSI)and got 3839 points.Well i am very happy.

But soon i want to test and install WIN VISTA BETA 2 on my pc.But MSI does'nt have any driver for vista uptil now.SO i would have to use up the nvidia driver.Therefore i would'nt be able to use the D.O.T technology.That's my first prob,the second one is,would i get the high points as i got in my current xp.
and finally i installed win vista beta 1 on my pc first but it was a great ghost.It automatically set my display driver to STANDARD VGA GRAPHICS DRIVER and i was unable to install nvidia driver on vista beta 1.Would these problems exist in the win vista beta.

Well many people advice that vista is'nt completely build up so using win xp sp2 would be good.IS IT TRUE?

More about : question msi nx7600gt vista

September 8, 2006 9:48:45 AM

yeah ,its true...
dont use Windows Vista...dont use any of Microsoft`s beta software...
stick with Windows XP SP2...enjoy D.O.T :wink:
September 8, 2006 1:56:33 PM

Obviously Microsoft isnt going to release a stable working OS for free, right? And besides, their final OSs dont work that well either.

If u want to use Vista Beta 2, u can swtich to normal Nvidia drivers (never heard of a manufacturing company for Nvidia making their own "rougue" drivers), and then just overclock like normal ppl do, with RivaTuner or any other program.
September 8, 2006 3:25:23 PM

I have never used the manufacturer supplied drivers for any of my hardware. I use the nVidia drives for my motherboard and my video card, the Creative drivers for my sound card, so on. If you want to overclock, get RivaTuner, as Track mentioned. You'd be able to achieve the same overclock with that as with the manufacturer drivers assuming you know what the MSI drivers pump the card up to.
September 8, 2006 5:17:17 PM

ahh yes, but then if you use rivatuner or some other 3rd party app (coolbits or whatever) then you can void the warranty. Not sure how long MSI's is, but if you stick w/ their software then you keep that security... if that is important to you that is. ;) 
September 9, 2006 2:42:23 PM

Quote:
ahh yes, but then if you use rivatuner or some other 3rd party app (coolbits or whatever) then you can void the warranty. Not sure how long MSI's is, but if you stick w/ their software then you keep that security... if that is important to you that is. ;) 

Everyone overclocks their graphics card, it cant void ur warranty to overclock, unless ur stupid and u overclock it way past the allowed freaquency and so u burn ur card, but they cant tell if u overclock it a little.

And everyone adds an aftermarket cooler as well, if that also voids ur warranty then they are worthless.
September 10, 2006 10:37:24 AM

MSI such a big company and still no drivers for the upcoming OS.If these companies have no management for drivers,then why they release graphic cards? :evil: 
September 11, 2006 4:02:34 AM

Quote:

Everyone overclocks their graphics card, it cant void ur warranty to overclock, unless ur stupid and u overclock it way past the allowed freaquency and so u burn ur card, but they cant tell if u overclock it a little.

And everyone adds an aftermarket cooler as well, if that also voids ur warranty then they are worthless.

what is the "allowed" frequency? lol, never heard of that one...

Read up on whatever warranty you want man (cpu, gpu or whatever), oc'ing voids it in most cases... makes perfect sense to me too. Very few companies allow oc'ing, and almost none allow oc'ing w/o the "standard" (driver provided) or company provided (as in the msi app mentioned above) software. I know of none that allow you to use 3rd party apps to do it.

The fact that you believe that if a company does not allow every user to "reconfigure" a product (and still service it) then they are a bad company (w/ a worthless warranty) just amazes me. The same type of policy is present w/ every tech company. Has been forever, whether physically altering it (like new coolers) or modding the workings (oc'ing). Does not mean you can't or shouldn't do it, just know that you cannot replace it w/o deceiving/cheating. ;) 
September 11, 2006 11:56:14 AM

Quote:

What the hell are you going on about. Using this argument the mysterious "allowed" frequency would be the one the card was shipped at. Maybe you've got the VR version of a graphics card which talks to you telling you off when you clock too high....

Quote:

Crap. Not everyone adds after-market coolers at all. Did you card talk to you and tell you it needed this?
!