Sign in with
Your question

opening web pages in new window

Last response: in Components
September 8, 2006 9:14:37 AM

I recently got a 19" LCD upgraded from my 17" CRT. It bugs me when I click on a link and the link opens a new window that the window is small. I can't figure out how to make the new window take up the full size of the display. There's gotta be a switch to open new pages in full screen, but I can't find it. Please help!!
Thanks,
James

btw I'm using XP Pro and Ie. 6
September 11, 2006 9:32:31 AM

A lot of popup adverts manage to open in full screen, hell some even manage to be more than full screen and cover you task bar as well :lol: 

But anyway a solution to this problem would be to use a browser that uses tabbed browsing. Basically it’s exactly what you want but instead of using the task bar for windows it uses the browser bar instead.
September 11, 2006 10:33:33 AM

Try firefox....

If you are adventurous, try ie 7.
Related resources
September 11, 2006 11:20:07 AM

I got both, IE7 is a faster browser and does run faster on slower systems. But Firefox is more stable and a lot better on the security side.
September 11, 2006 12:12:15 PM

Simply because of tabbed browsing..

Switch your browser (i.e. firefox or ie7) to fullscreen, and opent each site in a new tab. You'll either have to ctrl+click or set your preferences in the appropriate menu. In the same time you won't overload your task bar with tens of pages.
September 11, 2006 1:05:09 PM

Quote:
There dosn't appear to be a way to open a link to a full screen window.
I believe this is done so people can easily sort there windows for easy veiwing.
There must be a registry hack that can change this.
September 11, 2006 1:38:16 PM

... my windows automatically remembers whether my last page was full or not, and would open all subsequent windows like that... shrug
September 11, 2006 3:05:17 PM

Quote:
... my windows automatically remembers whether my last page was full or not, and would open all subsequent windows like that... shrug
He's not talking about Windows pages/folders, etc...but when clicking on a link on a webpage.
September 11, 2006 3:40:56 PM

there's a setting who enables winxp to remember the display settings of each particular directory.. as ie is 'intimately' incorporated in explorer, that might be a solution..
!