XP wont hold date

Every time I boot up the date changes in the taskbar and I have to reset it.
Any ideas on a cure please
TIA
Brian
1 answer Last reply
More about wont hold date

    "briwy" <mm@dis.com> wrote in message
    | Every time I boot up the date changes in the taskbar and I have
    to reset it.
    | Any ideas on a cure please
    | TIA
    | Brian

    It -might- be the CMOS System Battery beginning to fail. Is it
    OK if you do another boot immediately after booting and setting
    the clock? If so, then it's likely the battery. If you have
    customized the CMOS setup at all, that may shortly begin to
    change back to defaults on your too, unless all you use are
    defaults, in which case you may never notice anything wrong.

    It's a little coin-sized battery inside the PC; check your docu
    for voltage and part number. They're easy to change as long as
    you follow the directions.

    Pop

Microsoft Windows XP