Facebook Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiw

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
I'm having trouble running Facebook games on my laptop. After a little while, it gets choppy- I start to get 'shadows' of figures on the screen and the reaction time for mouse clicks gets super slow. It almost feels like the game is trying to buffer and can't keep up. I will get messages that (the game's) connection to the internet needs to be refreshed.

Here is the system I have:
HP Pavilion dv6-3160us NoteBook AMD Phenom II Quad-Core N950(2.1GHz) 15.6" 4GB Memory 640GB HDD 5400rpm DVD Super Multi ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Here is my cooler:
Rosewill Notebook Silent 220mm Fan Cooling Stand Model RNA-7700

This is what I've tried:
updated all Adobe requirements
use a compatibility mode, which tends to give me more Flash crashes
cleared the cache
closing all background programs

Any suggestions?

Solution
Try updating the graphics drivers from www.amd.com to see if that helps. I know that certain versions of the catalist drivers have issues with flash especially with notebooks as well.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
What Browser are you using? I find that using IE works like crap on anything flash and other stuff after a while with my experiences. I would recommend firefox, chrome, opera to test out and see if that fixes the problem. Also did you update to IE9? IE8 has always had some major problems such as the one you describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.