Sign in with
Your question

zalman 9500 led and GA-965P-DQ6

Last response: in Overclocking
September 8, 2006 4:23:46 PM

The only way i see to mount this is to cut the backplate mounting support to fit around the copper heatpipe assembly protruding underneath the mobo. Has anyone else used this combo and if so, how did you mount it? Before I cut, I thought I would ask.
September 8, 2006 4:37:32 PM

Quote:
The only way i see to mount this is to cut the backplate mounting support to fit around the copper heatpipe assembly protruding underneath the mobo. Has anyone else used this combo and if so, how did you mount it? Before I cut, I thought I would ask.

Look up your MB here and see if the Zalman is compatible:

http://www.zalman.co.kr/usa/product/view.asp?idx=165&co...
September 8, 2006 5:09:31 PM

Bad news from Zalman.

"Dear Valued Customer,

We would like to first thank you for your interest in our CNPS9500 LED.
After inspecting your motherboard, we were able to find out that you were right regarding the interference with the backplate.

The CNPS9500 LED cannot be effectively installed on your motherboard.
We hope you find a great alternative cooling solution to your motherboard.

Best Regards,

Support/ZALMAN"

Geez - I buy the one mobo this hs/fan cannot mount to out of the box. I can cut it and easily make it work, just asking if anyone has done it differently without cutting the backplate.
Related resources
September 12, 2006 2:22:51 AM

I use the DQ6 and the Zalman 9500. I simply removed the backplate. It was three screws, three push pins and some wax holding it on. I had it off in 2 minutes and that was being extra careful. I have just got Windows installed so I haven't gotten the temps under heavy load yet but it is 27C at idle. It is a shame all that copper sitting it the box though.
September 12, 2006 3:27:39 PM

The "Crazy Cool" backplate comes right off after you remove the little screws and pinch the two pushpins so they release.
!