overclocking the 805 dual core pentium....

Jlike

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2006
I'm getting a pentium d 805 soon and im trying to learn about overclocking it. What would i do to ensure my overclocking wont fry my chip? I just dont want to fry this chip, im on a limited budget. But i would love to overclock if i figured a fool-proof way to do overclocking on it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
(I'm running it on a ECS P4m800pro-m motherboard.)

Thanks all,
J :lol:

gagaga

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
I wouldnt bother... the pentium 9xx range are now only a little more expensive, run far, far cooler and overclock more. Plus, they have a bigger cache, have speedstep etc ... a much better proposition all round.

Check out the forums for more info.

As for overclocking, play around, and as long as you keep the voltage stock you can't really break anything.

4745454b

Titan
how is overclocking done? Is it software, or CMOS settings?

J

Ummmm, dude, if your on a limited budget, just run it stock. If you have to ask this question, you aren't ready to overclock. And when you fry something, your limited budget won't allow you to replace it. Stick with stock, its for the best.

icbluscrn

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Haven't you ever heard of the SEARCH FEATURE? God knows, there are enough topics about 805D overclocking.

and when you do search for overclocking also pay attention for something about pci/agp clock lock
i am pretty sure that board does not have it limiting your OC.