Myst 4 revelation: crash to desktop - help...

despite having an nvidia gforce 4 w/ 128 megs with the latest driver,
the latest 90c DX (both freshly reinstalled), lots of HD space, win2K
system w/ sp4, etc., the game crashes to desktop immediately after
the opening movies. There is an arrow cursor stuck at the top during
cyan and ubi opening movies as well. I've installed the 1.01 patch
fwiw, but still no go. I've unisntalled and reinstalled as well.
Frustrating. Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about myst revelation crash desktop help
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    One idea may be to reinstall the video drivers off the M4 DVD. I had a
    similar problem, not only with the immediate crash to the desktop, but other
    similar problems throughout the game in certain puzzles.

    Once I installed the drivers off the DVD, my problems were resolved. It may
    or may not work for you, but definitely worth a shot.

    Scott
    "jankin" <chagin_one@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > despite having an nvidia gforce 4 w/ 128 megs with the latest driver,
    > the latest 90c DX (both freshly reinstalled), lots of HD space, win2K
    > system w/ sp4, etc., the game crashes to desktop immediately after
    > the opening movies. There is an arrow cursor stuck at the top during
    > cyan and ubi opening movies as well. I've installed the 1.01 patch
    > fwiw, but still no go. I've unisntalled and reinstalled as well.
    > Frustrating. Any ideas?

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    In article <_rwid.3686$8i.2377@trnddc04>, ScottWare@verizon.net
    says...
    > One idea may be to reinstall the video drivers off the M4 DVD. I had a
    > similar problem, not only with the immediate crash to the desktop, but other
    > similar problems throughout the game in certain puzzles.

    Well, talking with ubisoft support and mucking with my system, it
    seems that one problem might be directX and a conflict with
    NetMeeting, which DX claims prevents 3D hardware acceleration.
    Anyone know anyting about NetMeeting? I have been unable to root it
    out of my system, despite admin mode command prompt deletes of the
    netmeeting folder contents.

Desktops Games Video Games