Problems with HP iPAQ 2415 and CF Modem Cards

January 13, 2005 4:28:32 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.misc,comp.sys.handhelds,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Has anyone else had problems with the new HP iPAQ 2415 using compact
flash modem cards? We've tried several different modems with this
device which all worked fine on the older iPAQ 2215. But connections
seem to drop after a short amount of time when using the iPAQ 2415.

Is there a new setting that I need to switch, or perhaps something new
in Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition that needs to be setup
differently? Or does this device just plain not work with CF modem
cards?

Thanks,
Eli
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 1:00:35 PM

We are getting the same problem on our 30 hx2110 devices with both Socket
and Pretec CF modems.

We have spoken with HP and they are currently investigating. Whether we
actually get anything useful from them remains to be seen.

We thought at first that it might be the new 2003 SE operating system but
we also just got a batch of hx4700 devices which are working as well as
our older H3600, H3800, H3900, H5500, H2210 devices.

If we get something from them, I will let you know.

Trevor Q Leaman
Adductive Technologies Group
http://www.adductive.org

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 13:28:32 -0800, eli-news wrote:

> Has anyone else had problems with the new HP iPAQ 2415 using compact
> flash modem cards? We've tried several different modems with this
> device which all worked fine on the older iPAQ 2215. But connections
> seem to drop after a short amount of time when using the iPAQ 2415.
>
> Is there a new setting that I need to switch, or perhaps something new
> in Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition that needs to be setup
> differently? Or does this device just plain not work with CF modem
> cards?
>
> Thanks,
> Eli
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 9:27:35 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.misc,comp.sys.handhelds,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Wow, I've been banging against this problem all day.

IPAQ hx2415
Socket 56K Modem CF Card

I can get it to connect and communicate but after a couple minute the
connection just drops.
I will continure to research but if anyone has any info please let me
know.

thanks,
B.
January 26, 2005 2:21:52 AM

Reply to message from publictiki@comcast.net (Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:27:35)
about ""Re: Problems with HP iPAQ 2415 and CF Modem Cards"":

> Wow, I've been banging against this problem all day.

> IPAQ hx2415
> Socket 56K Modem CF Card

> I can get it to connect and communicate but after a couple minute the
> connection just drops. I will continure to research but if anyone has
> any info please let me know.

> thanks,
> B.

Ihad this problem with a 3835 and a linksys card via sleeve. Turned out
that the router needed an update to talk correctly to the version 3 card I
happened to pick up - the intermittent connection had me buffaloed. Might
be worth checking on a router update, possibly nothing you're doing wrong.

Good Luck
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 12:35:39 PM

Sorry xTenn,

It's certainly not router related.

The problem is very squarely with the HP nx2000 series devices and CF
based modems. We have had contact with HP Product Development in the UK
and they have confirmed that they are looking into the issue.

May I suggest that you guys check out the other discussion I have been
having on HP's Forum related to this issue. The link is here. Shame that
HP don't provide a Newsgroup and only a Web Forum but I'm sure we can
handle using a web browser just this once eh?

TQ

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/qu...
!