change open file options on my desktop

November 5, 2004 7:53:01 PM

I need to find out how to change the open with this program file on my
desktop. Right now some open with programs i don't use or even in some
cases have deleted. In these cases there is no open with option so I can't
even go to a different program. Hope someone can understand what I am asking
about. Thank you
--
kmspaints
November 5, 2004 10:13:09 PM

If you right click the file and chose properties there should be a section
there that says....type of file...opens with... and a box with the word
change in it.
Click the box and up will come the "open with dialogue box".
peter

"kmspaints" <kmspaints@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to find out how to change the open with this program file on my
> desktop. Right now some open with programs i don't use or even in some
> cases have deleted. In these cases there is no open with option so I can't
> even go to a different program. Hope someone can understand what I am asking
> about. Thank you
> --
> kmspaints
Anonymous