change open file options on my desktop

I need to find out how to change the open with this program file on my
desktop. Right now some open with programs i don't use or even in some
cases have deleted. In these cases there is no open with option so I can't
even go to a different program. Hope someone can understand what I am asking
about. Thank you
--
kmspaints
2 answers Last reply

    If you right click the file and chose properties there should be a section
    there that says....type of file...opens with... and a box with the word
    change in it.
    Click the box and up will come the "open with dialogue box".
    peter

    "peter" wrote:

    > If you right click the file and chose properties there should be a section
    > there that says....type of file...opens with... and a box with the word
    > change in it.
    > Click the box and up will come the "open with dialogue box".
    > peter
    >
    > "kmspaints" <kmspaints@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I need to find out how to change the open with this program file on my
    > > desktop. Right now some open with programs i don't use or even in some
    > > cases have deleted. In these cases there is no open with option so I can't
    > > even go to a different program. Hope someone can understand what I am asking
    > > about. Thank you
    > > --
    > > kmspaints
    >
    > Thanks for the help peter, it worked great

Cases Desktops Windows XP