P5W DH Deluxe.. Wake up alarm, and Remote doesn't work. Sry

crewxp

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
Hey. I have a problem. Kinda big for me. Second week of college and so far I've slept in for 2 classes... so I could really use the Asus Music Alarm feature. But funny thing is... it doesn't work.

I have 2 sata hard drives, and those are hooked up to my EZ-Backup slots. And my DVD-Burner Drive is hooked up to the blue IDE slot on the mobo, with the end IDE connector in the cd-rom. And the cd-audio cable was also connected to the mobo.

I went into Bios, set it up (The time,etc). I put it for 5 mins after what the time was to test, put in a music cd, selected my track. And shut down my pc.

My speakers were also connected to the green speaker connector on the mobo, not my x-fi. I waited like 15 mins... yeah. Nothing happened.

Does anyone know of a fix, or someway to help me out? Thanks alot everyone.

ps: My remote doesn't work either. But I'll make another thread for that later as this seems more important. The remote works in windows, I have the enable power on after loss selected in windows, enabled take out of hibernate for every HIV device. And I have it in 3 and 4 I'm pretty sure. (the right USB ones)

And on yeah. I have an alarm-clock, but i barely hear it. For those who may say I don't need it.

crewxp

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
Thanks bordy. I got my remote working. Uninstalled it. Unplugged it. Plugged it into the USB4 instead of USB3. Saw it again, re-enabled the HID devices. It worked! Then one time it didn't work. But it seems like it's working.

But my wake up feature still doesn't work. I've wasted hours on it today.

crewxp

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
any clue on how to get it working? Is my cd-rom suposed to be hooked up a certain way or something? Because it sees the tracks in the bios. Before the audio cable wasn't connected to my cd-rom, and it couldn't see it. Hooked it up, it sees it now. But still doesn't auto turn on.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Go down to your local store and buy a wind-up alarm. I seem to remember that one of the popular ones over there is called a Big Ben?

Should be cheap, and definitely will wake you as long as you remember to wind it up...

Also not affected by power outages, surges, etc.

Low tech has it place.

And while you're at the store, get a coupla candles. Never know....

crewxp

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2006
sigh... why do so many people act so stupid? I seriously don't even know why you're a member of Tom's Hardware forums. Not even any help at all Croc.

I believe you posted this in one of your other posts you made on someone's thread. (which by the way you didn't help out on). You were just bashing someone. "Please don't post if you have no knowledge about what the topic is about".

Asus Alarm still doesn't work btw. I'm still trying.

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Hey. I have a problem. Kinda big for me. Second week of college and so far I've slept in for 2 classes... And on yeah. I have an alarm-clock, but i barely hear it. For those who may say I don't need it.

I thought that these were the important bits that I was replying to... I was trying to be helpful with the primary issue of your missing classes, in a rather low tech way.

I guessed I missed the point... The PC is more important than the classes.

Good luck.