Palm to PPC

January 14, 2005 1:14:25 AM

I am thinking of switching from Palm to PPC. My problem is all my data
is on Palm Desktop and I understand that the PPC uses Outlook. I have
Outlook 2003 but can only export one address at a time.
Is a there free program to do this. I want to use the conversion
program once.

More about : palm ppc

Anonymous
January 14, 2005 1:14:26 AM

Michael,

I hope I'm understanding your post correctly. If not, post again please.

When you go to Pocket PC, you will get ActiveSync with the unit. This
synchronization program will allow you to sync all of your Outlook data -
email, contacts, calendar - all in one shot.

Regards,

--
Clinton Fitch
Senior Editor

"Michael" <michgrea@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am thinking of switching from Palm to PPC. My problem is all my data
> is on Palm Desktop and I understand that the PPC uses Outlook. I have
> Outlook 2003 but can only export one address at a time.
> Is a there free program to do this. I want to use the conversion
> program once.
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 1:14:26 AM

I switched earlier this month without any problems.

Chapura makes a conduit for Palm to Outlook. It comes free with the Palm CD
that accompanies the handheld. You may have to upgrade it (free). Once you
have synced the Palm with Outlook, install the PPC and sync. Everything goes
over to it.

Walt

"Michael" <michgrea@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am thinking of switching from Palm to PPC. My problem is all my data
> is on Palm Desktop and I understand that the PPC uses Outlook. I have
> Outlook 2003 but can only export one address at a time.
> Is a there free program to do this. I want to use the conversion
> program once.
January 14, 2005 5:41:49 PM

Michael, if you are still able to Hotsync your Palm, then install
PocketMirror from the installation CD. select Outlook as the PIM and Hotsync
again. This will copy all your Palm data to Outlook.

Now install ActiveSync and sync your Pocket PC - all data will go there.

If you don't have the original CD or can't Hotsync the Palm (it happens, if
it's broken for example) then use PocketCopy ($) to transfer the data from
Palm Desktop to Outlook.

"Michael" <michgrea@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I am thinking of switching from Palm to PPC. My problem is all my data
> is on Palm Desktop and I understand that the PPC uses Outlook. I have
> Outlook 2003 but can only export one address at a time.
> Is a there free program to do this. I want to use the conversion
> program once.
January 14, 2005 7:01:58 PM

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:41:49 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
<dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote:

>Michael, if you are still able to Hotsync your Palm, then install
>PocketMirror from the installation CD. select Outlook as the PIM and Hotsync
>again. This will copy all your Palm data to Outlook.
>
>Now install ActiveSync and sync your Pocket PC - all data will go there.
>
>If you don't have the original CD or can't Hotsync the Palm (it happens, if
>it's broken for example) then use PocketCopy ($) to transfer the data from
>Palm Desktop to Outlook.
Is PocketMirror a standard with all pocket PCs as I have not purchased
one as yet.
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 7:01:59 PM

| Is PocketMirror a standard with all pocket PCs as I have not purchased
| one as yet.

No Pocket Mirror is on your palm CD, it allows you to sync your palm data to
Outlook rather than palm desktop. (has nothing to do with pocketpc)
January 14, 2005 11:33:13 PM

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:30:16 -0600, "Clinton Fitch \(Clinton Fitch
\(Dot\) Com!\)" <management@NOTHANKIEclintonfitch.com> wrote:

>Michael,
>
>I hope I'm understanding your post correctly. If not, post again please.
>
>When you go to Pocket PC, you will get ActiveSync with the unit. This
>synchronization program will allow you to sync all of your Outlook data -
>email, contacts, calendar - all in one shot.
>
>Regards,
Clinton,

I have a Palm PDA and it is old. The data i.e addresses, diary, notes
etc precious to me. I would like to migrate this information to the
new Pocket PC of which I do not own as yet. ( So many units to choose
from) I understand that the Pocket PC uses Outlook whilst the palm
uses Palm Desktop. In my original post I stated that I could only
export one address at a time to Outlook which is time consuming.
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 2:44:04 PM

> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:41:49 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
> <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Michael, if you are still able to Hotsync your Palm, then install
>>PocketMirror from the installation CD. select Outlook as the PIM and
>>Hotsync
>>again. This will copy all your Palm data to Outlook.
>>
>>Now install ActiveSync and sync your Pocket PC - all data will go there.
>>
>>If you don't have the original CD or can't Hotsync the Palm (it happens,
>>if
>>it's broken for example) then use PocketCopy ($) to transfer the data from
>>Palm Desktop to Outlook.
> Is PocketMirror a standard with all pocket PCs as I have not purchased
> one as yet.

PocketMirror is on your Palm CD.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com
January 17, 2005 7:45:19 PM

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 11:44:04 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
<dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote:

>"Michael" <michgrea@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:41:49 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
>> <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>>Michael, if you are still able to Hotsync your Palm, then install
>>>PocketMirror from the installation CD. select Outlook as the PIM and
>>>Hotsync
>>>again. This will copy all your Palm data to Outlook.
>>>
>>>Now install ActiveSync and sync your Pocket PC - all data will go there.
>>>
>>>If you don't have the original CD or can't Hotsync the Palm (it happens,
>>>if
>>>it's broken for example) then use PocketCopy ($) to transfer the data from
>>>Palm Desktop to Outlook.
>> Is PocketMirror a standard with all pocket PCs as I have not purchased
>> one as yet.
>
>PocketMirror is on your Palm CD.
I lost the Palm CD is there a site I can download it from?
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 10:28:13 AM

"Michael" <michgrea@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o rqnu0964e1ll0149j23l0j947s4ejt2pe@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 11:44:04 +1300, "Mauricio Freitas [MVP]"
> <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>
>>"Michael" <michgrea@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Is PocketMirror a standard with all pocket PCs as I have not purchased
>>> one as yet.
>>
>>PocketMirror is on your Palm CD.
> I lost the Palm CD is there a site I can download it from?

In this case you need PocketCopy:

http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/PlatformProductDetai...

Use the discount code on this page
(http://www.geekzone.co.nz/handango_code.asp) until the end of January for