best 18" or 19" LCD

GT_CMPE

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2002
Hey all,
I'm trying to gather data on what the best 18" or 19" flat panel displays are. I know there are really high end ones out there but I am most interested in midrange. I would appreciate any ideas and reasons why. Thanks...

The problem is always with the last thing you check ... so start there first.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
i guess you could go with Viewsonic VG181 or VG191.... they have other Models..that are more expensive.. go on there website and check it out..

Once you go AMD, You never go back!

G

Best 19" I have seen is the Samsung 191T. I place it a little above the Viewsonic one because of the thin bezel, but specs are identical as far as I know. Now don't think I'm cheering for Samsung here, but the 181T from them is clearly better than the VG181 from the specs. Haven't seen the Samsung one in person, so I can't say from experience. But the specs would make it seem the Samsung is the better choice. However, I have seen the VG181 in stores, and have to say I liked what I saw. I'm getting a 19" myself in the near future, and so far to me the Samsung one is looking like the best choice.

EDIT: I was comparing the VG191 with the 191T and the VG181 with the 181T. I haven't looked closely at other companies regarding 18"/19" because right now these are the best bang for the buck I can find with good specs. Anyway, thought I should throw that in.

Jack Burton is a great man...

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
i think im gonna go with the 170T unless there is a new Sleak Looking Monitor thats Better in quality and 18" and not to bad in price....but for the quality and the looks and price the Samsung 170T is probly one of the best 17" monitors out

Measure Twice, Cut Once!!

senorian

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2002
hi
Buddwn has said that he finds the vg191 very good at UT and Q3.
Has anyone seen how it is with text? And how well it scales other resolutions?
BTW is there any difference in the quality of the scaling process between different lcd monitors?
thanks

imo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2002
Text is never the problem, in fact, text/font is always the strong point about lcd panel compare to crt! anything except the crappest of lcd will still be much better then most crt in term of sharpness/comfort looking at text!

scaling is fine with Vg191, but like all other lcd, native resolution is where you want to be at! except for some game where you don't have a choice!