M4: Crystal viewer question

Hi all,

I have a question about the crystal viewer. I got power restored. I've
opened the view port and have turned on the telescope. I think I have
the correct crystals in place. But the activation button just buzzes
when I press it. Does the buzzing mean I don't the correct crystals or
does it mean the antena isn't set correctly? I jsut see snow on the
viewers display.

IMO, the crystal drawings in the book are not very good. I am having a
hard time with the yellow and green ones in making sure I have the right
ones.

Because of my vision, I tend to have a hard time seing objects in very
dark areas. I almost never found the lever to initally activate elevator.

Any help will be apprecated.

Thanks,
Steven

On 07 Nov 2004 18:49:08 GMT, Steven Whatley
<swhatley_hal-pc_org@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Does the buzzing mean I don't the correct crystals or
>does it mean the antena isn't set correctly? I jsut see snow on the
>viewers display.

It's probably because of the crystals. Those gave me trouble too
because a couple of them (I don't remeber the ones now) were very
close to each other in terms of how they looked.

>Because of my vision, I tend to have a hard time seing objects in very
>dark areas. I almost never found the lever to initally activate elevator.

I missed it too and my vision is fine. Try to increase the Gamma
setting in the game and see what happens. It had no effect on my LCD
monitor. Other than that try increasing the brightness a bit and the
contrast on your monitor.

==

I think I better go find someone before reporting to Atrus. I found the
amulet.

Later,
Steven

Steven Whatley wrote:
> I think I better go find someone before reporting to Atrus. I found the
> amulet.
>
> Later,
> Steven
>
> Steven Whatley <swhatley_hal-pc_org@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I have a question about the crystal viewer. I got power restored. I've
>>opened the view port and have turned on the telescope. I think I have
>>the correct crystals in place. But the activation button just buzzes
>>when I press it. Does the buzzing mean I don't the correct crystals or
>>does it mean the antena isn't set correctly? I jsut see snow on the
>>viewers display.
>>
>>IMO, the crystal drawings in the book are not very good. I am having a
>>hard time with the yellow and green ones in making sure I have the right
>>ones.
>>
>>Because of my vision, I tend to have a hard time seing objects in very
>>dark areas. I almost never found the lever to initally activate elevator.
>>
>>Any help will be apprecated.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Steven

The buzz indeed means that the crystal code is
incorrect. As I simply was unable to get the
right code, I thought it wouldn't be *that* bad
to check the combination from a walkthrough,
since the whole crystal viewer thing was not
a real part of the story. (the walkthrough had
the slider positions numbered, that's why the
walkthrough)

--
Janne Raiskila