HP 2550L colour laser toner

livewire

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2005

I've got an HP 2550L colour laser printer.

I've stupidly bought some toner for the HP 2500. The cartridges look
identical, so can I use them in my 2550? The part numbers for toner for
the two machines are different.

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Livewire <liveCUTTHISwire_100@lycos.com> wrote:
>I've got an HP 2550L colour laser printer.
>
>I've stupidly bought some toner for the HP 2500. The cartridges look
>identical, so can I use them in my 2550? The part numbers for toner for
>the two machines are different.

Your message is not clear, have you bought the whole cartridges or bottles of
toner? If whole cartridges then I suggest you ask HP.
I am not sure, but if the usual HP practice applies there will be differences
in the chips which will not permit using the wrong cartridge in a printer,
there may also be some difficult to see but important physical differences. The
2 cartridges do appear to use the same toner, at least some vendors of toner
sell a kit that works with both cartridges but these kits include resettable
chips.
If the cartridges are really physically identical then you could try one but be
aware that the chip "may" be unusable afterwards....not sure.
Tony