auto connect setting

Jd

I recently went from a high speed, always on connection to dial up.
And now my computer will automatically try to connect to the net at
random times. I've checked every setting I can find. I suspect the
install disc to set up my high speed connection configured it to do
so. But I've un-installed the software and tried everything I know to
do. I checked the never dial a connection tab and it still dials up on
it's own. It's driving me nucking futs. Could someone please offer
some advice. Thanks.

Hi jd,

Usually happens when there is spy/ad programs installed on the system. With
the high speed connection, you simply did not notice the activity. This
should help:

Modem Automatically Attempts a Dial-Up Connection [Q316530]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316530

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"jd" < jdane44@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I recently went from a high speed, always on connection to dial up.
> And now my computer will automatically try to connect to the net at
> random times. I've checked every setting I can find. I suspect the
> install disc to set up my high speed connection configured it to do
> so. But I've un-installed the software and tried everything I know to
> do. I checked the never dial a connection tab and it still dials up on
> it's own. It's driving me nucking futs. Could someone please offer
> some advice. Thanks.

Jd

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004 06:37:29 -0500, "Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers"
<rick@mvps.org> wrote:

>Hi jd,
>
>Usually happens when there is spy/ad programs installed on the system. With
>the high speed connection, you simply did not notice the activity. This
>should help:
>
>Modem Automatically Attempts a Dial-Up Connection [Q316530]
>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316530

Thank you very much, the first step seems to have solved my problem.
This is an outstanding resource and you guys are great. Many thanks.

You're welcome.