Can't synchronize time

November 6, 2004 7:49:07 AM

I found out my clock was off by 55 minutes, but when I try to synchronize it
times out without connecting.
I tried turning off my firewall, but it doesn't help.
I tried another product, but it can't connect either.

XP Home over a DSL connection.
Thanks for any help.

More about : synchronize time

Anonymous
November 6, 2004 7:49:08 AM

Try these programs AtomicTime Sync free from
www.analogx.com
or AtomTime http://www.atomtime.com/

"John" <John@john.com> wrote in message
|I found out my clock was off by 55 minutes, but when I try
to synchronize it
| times out without connecting.
| I tried turning off my firewall, but it doesn't help.
| I tried another product, but it can't connect either.
|
| XP Home over a DSL connection.
| Thanks for any help.

November 6, 2004 6:39:18 PM

> Try these programs AtomicTime Sync free from
> www.analogx.com
> or AtomTime http://www.atomtime.com/

Well, thank you! I used atomtime and it worked first time.
Now the question is why XP and Dimension4 will not work!
November 6, 2004 6:39:19 PM

I have had the same problem, and it continues once in a GREAT while. Seems
any 2 random months out of the year (and I don't know why) my time won't sync
because my stratum doesn't match the hosts. (Whatever that means) then if i
leave it for a week or so, go back to sync it, why it's fixed until the next
random month lingers on by.