What would you do for $15?

Would you wait for $15?

• Be patient and put the $15 towards your Scyth Ninja.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I can''t wait!!!!

Votes: 5 62.5%

• Total voters

mickeddie

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2004
Your current rig is a Prescott 3.2ghz with 2 gb ram that works perfectly. There really is no reason to upgrad but it's your birthday and your wonderful wife lets you get a new computer because when you had your 1.7ghz p4 it would barely run Oblivion until your brother-in-law went Mac and gave you his Prescott machine.

Due to costs you bought your parts over a few months, and now that you finally got your Core 2 Duo chip you are anxious to build, but with no hard core apps running or games to play (since you finished the main quest of Oblivion and are just doing some of the side quests) there really is no reason to build your new system right now.

Now, you found the mobo you want for a good price but the supplier is out of stock and doesn't expect any more supply until October. You can get it sooner (in 1-2 weeks) for $15 more (both suppliers have free shipping). Let's say it takes 2 weeks...that is Sept. 23 if the order is processed today. So the question is do you wait and save the $15?

sithscout80

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
I suggest you wait for the 1-2 weeks.
If there is no pressing need (except the desire to get your hands in the new build) then just save the money or take your wife out to dinner and something else to thank her for letting you upgrade your machine. Can't ever go wrong with pleasing the woman.

rivalneighbour

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
get it for $15 more. you could count out your coin change jar and get that much. good luck waiting for your hardware to ship, the anticipation will drive anyone up a wall.

Corksil

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
I know more about computers than women, but that seems to be a trend.

You could,

please the woman
or,
get your computer built.

Sounds like the computer to me. I would buy it and just work an extra hour before it showed up.