Gigabit Ethernet connector

Hi All,

I need to find a standard gigabit connector (1000BaseT) smaller than the
RJ45, is there any?
It´s driving me almost crazy finding one!!

Thanks!

-------------------------------------

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums
comp.dcom.lans.ethernet - 2924 messages and counting!
More about gigabit ethernet connector

    gnathita wrote:

    > I need to find a standard gigabit connector (1000BaseT) smaller than the
    > RJ45, is there any?
    > It´s driving me almost crazy finding one!!

    I've certainly never heard of one. What makes you think one exists? Have
    you considered running a cable right to the board?

    gnathita wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I need to find a standard gigabit connector (1000BaseT) smaller than the
    > RJ45, is there any?
    > It´s driving me almost crazy finding one!!

    You might try an SATA connector--it's not a lot smaller but it's flatter and
    the impedance is right. Just make sure you label it so that nobody tries
    to connect it to a disk or disk controller. A couple of the smaller
    Firewire connectors might work--Firewire is, I understand, 110 ohm, which
    should be close enough as long as you're not pushing the limit on cable
    length, but you'd need to use two of them as they're only two-pair. And
    good luck connecting a CAT5e cable to either.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

    gnathita_at_gmail_dot_com@foo.com (gnathita) wrote:
    >I need to find a standard gigabit connector (1000BaseT) smaller than the
    >RJ45, is there any?

    Other than the RJ45 (and maybe the 110 punch block) there are no
    standards-compliant connectors for TP Ethernet. I'd say your only
    option would be to run a cable directly to the board, ensuring
    crosstalk, impedance, and other parameters are within spec.

    What are you trying to fit this into that an RJ45 is too big?

Newsgroup Ethernet Card Networking