Still crashing around URU

I've run out of ideas here and could use a nudge...

I'm in the second part of the "steam vent" age, where the waterfall and cave
are, and just can't figger how to light up the tunnel that goes off to the
left. The only piece of furniture that moves is the hexagonal thingy with
rope around it. I've pushed it into the water, kicked it back and forth in
the pool, tried to catch the fish with it, and brought it back into the cave
where I've tried to set fire to it (Didn't work, too wet, I guess..:-) )
I've been around the grotto (garden?) age several times but didn't see
anything helpful there. I figure I'm missing something really tiny, or
really obvious, maybe.

On a different note, do the "stone tablets" have any purpose? Every one
that I've found has taken me to a complete dead end, usually some isolated
ledge in D'ni ...

RL
1 answer Last reply
More about still crashing
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    Hey RL

    Since there are no lights in tunnel, you'll need to bring some
    with you. The answer is in the garden age. You are indeed
    missing something tiny, but it's not hidden. Experiment a bit.
    The answer isn't obvious until you've tried it. As you explore,
    try and surround yourself in your problem, and maybe the
    answer might stick as you go along.

    (Hope thats non-spoilerish enough for you.)
    Good luck! You're going to need it pretty soon.

    As for the various stone tablets- I think they were just
    'teasers' so we could see bits of D'ni and whet our appetite
    for Uru Live.

    DMW

    "Rustiferion" <lillico@no.spam.hawaii.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I've run out of ideas here and could use a nudge...
    >
    > I'm in the second part of the "steam vent" age, where the waterfall and
    cave
    > are, and just can't figger how to light up the tunnel that goes off to the
    > left. The only piece of furniture that moves is the hexagonal thingy with
    > rope around it. I've pushed it into the water, kicked it back and forth
    in
    > the pool, tried to catch the fish with it, and brought it back into the
    cave
    > where I've tried to set fire to it (Didn't work, too wet, I guess..:-) )
    > I've been around the grotto (garden?) age several times but didn't see
    > anything helpful there. I figure I'm missing something really tiny, or
    > really obvious, maybe.
    >
    > On a different note, do the "stone tablets" have any purpose? Every one
    > that I've found has taken me to a complete dead end, usually some isolated
    > ledge in D'ni ...
    >
    > RL

Video Games