MichaelR

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2004

I have an XP (SP2) user who can't get a usable command prompt. When he
select the command prompt from the Start button, a window briefly opens, it
looks like it might display a line of text, but the window then immediately
closes before you can do anything.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? Know how to fix it?

Try going to Start>Run and typing cmd in the box.

--
James M. Fisher
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

"MichaelR" <admin@info-resonance.com> wrote in message
>I have an XP (SP2) user who can't get a usable command prompt. When he
> select the command prompt from the Start button, a window briefly opens,
> it
> looks like it might display a line of text, but the window then
> immediately
> closes before you can do anything.
>
> Anyone ever seen anything like this? Know how to fix it?

I was having the same problem and this fixed it - thank you very much for the
information.

"James M. Fisher [MVP]" wrote:

> Try going to Start>Run and typing cmd in the box.
>
> --
> James M. Fisher
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> Service Pack 2 Master List:
> http://jmfmvps.mvps.org/SP2.htm
> <Please reply in the newsgroups>
>
> "MichaelR" <admin@info-resonance.com> wrote in message
> >I have an XP (SP2) user who can't get a usable command prompt. When he
> > select the command prompt from the Start button, a window briefly opens,
> > it
> > looks like it might display a line of text, but the window then
> > immediately
> > closes before you can do anything.
> >
> > Anyone ever seen anything like this? Know how to fix it?

TRENDING THREADS