Can't get Command Prompt

I have an XP (SP2) user who can't get a usable command prompt. When he
select the command prompt from the Start button, a window briefly opens, it
looks like it might display a line of text, but the window then immediately
closes before you can do anything.

Anyone ever seen anything like this? Know how to fix it?
2 answers Last reply
More about command prompt

    Try going to Start>Run and typing cmd in the box.

    --
    James M. Fisher
    MS MVP Windows Shell/User

    "MichaelR" <admin@info-resonance.com> wrote in message
    >I have an XP (SP2) user who can't get a usable command prompt. When he
    > select the command prompt from the Start button, a window briefly opens,
    > it
    > looks like it might display a line of text, but the window then
    > immediately
    > closes before you can do anything.
    >
    > Anyone ever seen anything like this? Know how to fix it?

    I was having the same problem and this fixed it - thank you very much for the
    information.

    "James M. Fisher [MVP]" wrote:

    > Try going to Start>Run and typing cmd in the box.
    >
    > --
    > James M. Fisher
    > MS MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Service Pack 2 Master List:
    > http://jmfmvps.mvps.org/SP2.htm
    > <Please reply in the newsgroups>
    >
    > "MichaelR" <admin@info-resonance.com> wrote in message
    > >I have an XP (SP2) user who can't get a usable command prompt. When he
    > > select the command prompt from the Start button, a window briefly opens,
    > > it
    > > looks like it might display a line of text, but the window then
    > > immediately
    > > closes before you can do anything.
    > >
    > > Anyone ever seen anything like this? Know how to fix it?

Windows XP Microsoft Command Prompt