Intel 945GM Express Chipset Family

melarcky

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
my friend just got a laptop and it has this video card in it. its intergrated and it has 224mb of Vram.
i was wondering, what is it equal to? i know it has Direct X 9.

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
Intergrated cards dont have that much RAM.

It must be an expansion card that came with the laptop, there is no way to tell wich one, unless u check by urself with a program like - Everest (google it).

melarcky

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
no iknow that it has 224 ram it takes it from the regual ram that is in the laptop. and i know that it has dx9 support its just that i dont know if its anything like a gf6200 or something. because i am not very good with intel Gpu's here is a link to Intels site that says whats in it. but i still couldnt understand how good it really was?
can you help me out?

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
no iknow that it has 224 ram it takes it from the regual ram that is in the laptop. and i know that it has dx9 support its just that i dont know if its anything like a gf6200 or something. because i am not very good with intel Gpu's here is a link to Intels site that says whats in it. but i still couldnt understand how good it really was?
can you help me out?

Ok, after a lot research, i have found that this chip (Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950) is equal exactly to the Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 256Mb graphics card. So yes, it sucks and u need a new one, but i have one on my other machine and it works great with everything i need except new games.

Also, it takes ur PC RAM, wich is very bad, so getting a new card would boost ur overall system performance aswell as ur gaming performance.

melarcky

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
well actually its on a lap top its my friends and its on the DELL Inspiron E1505
so i mean he could play like HL2 on like low i bet cus i have seen it on a forum that some guy was using it.... so its about a gf5200 well thanks for the help....
but i think for a laptop its not to bad and my friend is using it just for like... Knights of the Old Republic and some other games. i just wanted to know for my old knowledge.

Track

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
well actually its on a lap top its my friends and its on the DELL Inspiron E1505
so i mean he could play like HL2 on like low i bet cus i have seen it on a forum that some guy was using it.... so its about a gf5200 well thanks for the help....
but i think for a laptop its not to bad and my friend is using it just for like... Knights of the Old Republic and some other games. i just wanted to know for my old knowledge.

It can play most games up until 2003 on med-high.

I couldnt stand playing games with it anymore, i needed better graphics. You just have to be there to see how amazing games look with an X1900XT.

melarcky

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
well i bet its like heaven with a x1900 but heaven always has a price and i cant aford it and my friend... he can but doesnt want it.
what are you system specs?
my gf 6600 does the job for me. and i am amazed by its abilities.... for a 2 year old card it still good... at least i think so