Haven question... (spoiler)

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
November 14, 2004 10:04:48 PM

I had to resort to a walkthru to finish Haven.
And after seeing the solution to the camoudile knockout throw,
I just don't get the logic of the final sequences of 3 calls.

Could someone explain it to me please.

thanks

heron

--
unDO email address
___

More about : question spoiler

Anonymous
November 15, 2004 9:05:13 PM

heron stone <heronstoneDO@comcast.net> wrote:

>And after seeing the solution to the camoudile knockout throw,
>I just don't get the logic of the final sequences of 3 calls.
>
>Could someone explain it to me please.

Apparently there are several ways to solve this puzzle.

Each monkey has a name. Throwing a coconut also has its own call.
What I did is called monkeys randomly until one of them ended up in
the hut with all the coconuts (bottom left).

I then did not call that one and started calling randomly the others
until the camoudile fell in the hole. It took a while and there's
probably a quicker way to do this by calling out specific monkeys
depending where they are and which hut is empty, etc.

When the camoudile is in the hole then a call to throw will make the
monkey in the hut with the coconuts throw out one and hit it.

I almost missed the hint with the green powder the plant in the hole
was releasing. But I did get some help in getting all the monkey's
names.
==
Anonymous
November 15, 2004 9:05:14 PM

In article <ngrhp0p8v7dqetk72vjcnj9shberqqrvn5@4ax.com>,
dakmyst@nospam.com wrote:

> heron stone <heronstoneDO@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >And after seeing the solution to the camoudile knockout throw,
> >I just don't get the logic of the final sequences of 3 calls.
> >
> >Could someone explain it to me please.
>
> Apparently there are several ways to solve this puzzle.
>
> Each monkey has a name. Throwing a coconut also has its own call.
> What I did is called monkeys randomly until one of them ended up in
> the hut with all the coconuts (bottom left).
>
> I then did not call that one and started calling randomly the others
> until the camoudile fell in the hole. It took a while and there's
> probably a quicker way to do this by calling out specific monkeys
> depending where they are and which hut is empty, etc.
>
> When the camoudile is in the hole then a call to throw will make the
> monkey in the hut with the coconuts throw out one and hit it.
>
> I almost missed the hint with the green powder the plant in the hole
> was releasing. But I did get some help in getting all the monkey's
> names.
> ==

so how did you learn the call to throw?

--
unDO email address
___
Nature, heron stone
to be commanded, mailto:heronstoneDO@comcast.net
must be obeyed. http://home.comcast.net/~heronstone/
November 16, 2004 12:25:25 AM

"heron stone" <heronstoneDO@comcast.net> wrote in message
> In article <ngrhp0p8v7dqetk72vjcnj9shberqqrvn5@4ax.com>,
> dakmyst@nospam.com wrote:
>
>> heron stone <heronstoneDO@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> >And after seeing the solution to the camoudile knockout throw,
>> >I just don't get the logic of the final sequences of 3 calls.
>> >
>> >Could someone explain it to me please.
>>
>> Apparently there are several ways to solve this puzzle.
>>
>> Each monkey has a name. Throwing a coconut also has its own call.
>> What I did is called monkeys randomly until one of them ended up in
>> the hut with all the coconuts (bottom left).
>>
>> I then did not call that one and started calling randomly the others
>> until the camoudile fell in the hole. It took a while and there's
>> probably a quicker way to do this by calling out specific monkeys
>> depending where they are and which hut is empty, etc.
>>
>> When the camoudile is in the hole then a call to throw will make the
>> monkey in the hut with the coconuts throw out one and hit it.
>>
>> I almost missed the hint with the green powder the plant in the hole
>> was releasing. But I did get some help in getting all the monkey's
>> names.
>> ==
>
> so how did you learn the call to throw?

Isn't it on the wall behind you when you're in the cabin where you can make
the sounds?

--
Unforgiven
Anonymous

Just make sure that the white Mangree is in the hut to throw the fruit-he is
the only one that can do it correctly. the other Mangree's will throw is too
short & not hit the knock-out bush.
"Unforgiven" <jaapd4000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "heron stone" <heronstoneDO@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> In article <ngrhp0p8v7dqetk72vjcnj9shberqqrvn5@4ax.com>,
>> dakmyst@nospam.com wrote:

>>> Apparently there are several ways to solve this puzzle.
>>>
>>> Each monkey has a name. Throwing a coconut also has its own call.
>>> What I did is called monkeys randomly until one of them ended up in
>>> the hut with all the coconuts (bottom left).
>>>
>>> I then did not call that one and started calling randomly the others
>>> until the camoudile fell in the hole. It took a while and there's
>>> probably a quicker way to do this by calling out specific monkeys
>>> depending where they are and which hut is empty, etc.
>>>
>>> When the camoudile is in the hole then a call to throw will make the
>>> monkey in the hut with the coconuts throw out one and hit it.
>>>
>>> I almost missed the hint with the green powder the plant in the hole
>>> was releasing. But I did get some help in getting all the monkey's
>>> names.
>>> ==
>>
>> so how did you learn the call to throw?
>
> Isn't it on the wall behind you when you're in the cabin where you can
> make the sounds?
>
> --
> Unforgiven

Anonymous
November 16, 2004 12:25:26 AM

In article <2vshl8F2pbj4hU1@uni-berlin.de>,
"Unforgiven" <jaapd4000@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "heron stone" <heronstoneDO@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > In article <ngrhp0p8v7dqetk72vjcnj9shberqqrvn5@4ax.com>,
> > dakmyst@nospam.com wrote:

> >> Apparently there are several ways to solve this puzzle.
> >>
> >> Each monkey has a name. Throwing a coconut also has its own call.
> >> What I did is called monkeys randomly until one of them ended up in
> >> the hut with all the coconuts (bottom left).
> >>
> >> I then did not call that one and started calling randomly the others
> >> until the camoudile fell in the hole. It took a while and there's
> >> probably a quicker way to do this by calling out specific monkeys
> >> depending where they are and which hut is empty, etc.
> >>
> >> When the camoudile is in the hole then a call to throw will make the
> >> monkey in the hut with the coconuts throw out one and hit it.
> >>
> >> I almost missed the hint with the green powder the plant in the hole
> >> was releasing. But I did get some help in getting all the monkey's
> >> names.
> >> ==
> >
> > so how did you learn the call to throw?
>
> Isn't it on the wall behind you when you're in the cabin where you can make
> the sounds?

duh... how stupid do i feel?

thanks

heron