Haven question... (spoiler)

I had to resort to a walkthru to finish Haven.
And after seeing the solution to the camoudile knockout throw,
I just don't get the logic of the final sequences of 3 calls.

Could someone explain it to me please.

thanks

heron

--
unDO email address
___

    heron stone <heronstoneDO@comcast.net> wrote:

    >And after seeing the solution to the camoudile knockout throw,
    >I just don't get the logic of the final sequences of 3 calls.
    >
    >Could someone explain it to me please.

    Apparently there are several ways to solve this puzzle.

    Each monkey has a name. Throwing a coconut also has its own call.
    What I did is called monkeys randomly until one of them ended up in
    the hut with all the coconuts (bottom left).

    I then did not call that one and started calling randomly the others
    until the camoudile fell in the hole. It took a while and there's
    probably a quicker way to do this by calling out specific monkeys
    depending where they are and which hut is empty, etc.

    When the camoudile is in the hole then a call to throw will make the
    monkey in the hut with the coconuts throw out one and hit it.

    I almost missed the hint with the green powder the plant in the hole
    was releasing. But I did get some help in getting all the monkey's
    names.
    ==
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    In article <ngrhp0p8v7dqetk72vjcnj9shberqqrvn5@4ax.com>,
    dakmyst@nospam.com wrote:

    > heron stone <heronstoneDO@comcast.net> wrote:
    >
    > >And after seeing the solution to the camoudile knockout throw,
    > >I just don't get the logic of the final sequences of 3 calls.
    > >
    > >Could someone explain it to me please.
    >
    > Apparently there are several ways to solve this puzzle.
    >
    > Each monkey has a name. Throwing a coconut also has its own call.
    > What I did is called monkeys randomly until one of them ended up in
    > the hut with all the coconuts (bottom left).
    >
    > I then did not call that one and started calling randomly the others
    > until the camoudile fell in the hole. It took a while and there's
    > probably a quicker way to do this by calling out specific monkeys
    > depending where they are and which hut is empty, etc.
    >
    > When the camoudile is in the hole then a call to throw will make the
    > monkey in the hut with the coconuts throw out one and hit it.
    >
    > I almost missed the hint with the green powder the plant in the hole
    > was releasing. But I did get some help in getting all the monkey's
    > names.
    > ==

    so how did you learn the call to throw?

    --
    unDO email address
    ___
    Nature, heron stone
    to be commanded, mailto:heronstoneDO@comcast.net
    must be obeyed. http://home.comcast.net/~heronstone/
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    "heron stone" <heronstoneDO@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > In article <ngrhp0p8v7dqetk72vjcnj9shberqqrvn5@4ax.com>,
    > dakmyst@nospam.com wrote:
    >
    >> heron stone <heronstoneDO@comcast.net> wrote:
    >>
    >> >And after seeing the solution to the camoudile knockout throw,
    >> >I just don't get the logic of the final sequences of 3 calls.
    >> >
    >> >Could someone explain it to me please.
    >>
    >> Apparently there are several ways to solve this puzzle.
    >>
    >> Each monkey has a name. Throwing a coconut also has its own call.
    >> What I did is called monkeys randomly until one of them ended up in
    >> the hut with all the coconuts (bottom left).
    >>
    >> I then did not call that one and started calling randomly the others
    >> until the camoudile fell in the hole. It took a while and there's
    >> probably a quicker way to do this by calling out specific monkeys
    >> depending where they are and which hut is empty, etc.
    >>
    >> When the camoudile is in the hole then a call to throw will make the
    >> monkey in the hut with the coconuts throw out one and hit it.
    >>
    >> I almost missed the hint with the green powder the plant in the hole
    >> was releasing. But I did get some help in getting all the monkey's
    >> names.
    >> ==
    >
    > so how did you learn the call to throw?

    Isn't it on the wall behind you when you're in the cabin where you can make
    the sounds?

    --
    Unforgiven
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    Just make sure that the white Mangree is in the hut to throw the fruit-he is
    the only one that can do it correctly. the other Mangree's will throw is too
    short & not hit the knock-out bush.
    "Unforgiven" <jaapd4000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > "heron stone" <heronstoneDO@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> In article <ngrhp0p8v7dqetk72vjcnj9shberqqrvn5@4ax.com>,
    >> dakmyst@nospam.com wrote:

    >>> Apparently there are several ways to solve this puzzle.
    >>>
    >>> Each monkey has a name. Throwing a coconut also has its own call.
    >>> What I did is called monkeys randomly until one of them ended up in
    >>> the hut with all the coconuts (bottom left).
    >>>
    >>> I then did not call that one and started calling randomly the others
    >>> until the camoudile fell in the hole. It took a while and there's
    >>> probably a quicker way to do this by calling out specific monkeys
    >>> depending where they are and which hut is empty, etc.
    >>>
    >>> When the camoudile is in the hole then a call to throw will make the
    >>> monkey in the hut with the coconuts throw out one and hit it.
    >>>
    >>> I almost missed the hint with the green powder the plant in the hole
    >>> was releasing. But I did get some help in getting all the monkey's
    >>> names.
    >>> ==
    >>
    >> so how did you learn the call to throw?
    >
    > Isn't it on the wall behind you when you're in the cabin where you can
    > make the sounds?
    >
    > --
    > Unforgiven

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    In article <2vshl8F2pbj4hU1@uni-berlin.de>,
    "Unforgiven" <jaapd4000@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > "heron stone" <heronstoneDO@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > In article <ngrhp0p8v7dqetk72vjcnj9shberqqrvn5@4ax.com>,
    > > dakmyst@nospam.com wrote:

    > >> Apparently there are several ways to solve this puzzle.
    > >>
    > >> Each monkey has a name. Throwing a coconut also has its own call.
    > >> What I did is called monkeys randomly until one of them ended up in
    > >> the hut with all the coconuts (bottom left).
    > >>
    > >> I then did not call that one and started calling randomly the others
    > >> until the camoudile fell in the hole. It took a while and there's
    > >> probably a quicker way to do this by calling out specific monkeys
    > >> depending where they are and which hut is empty, etc.
    > >>
    > >> When the camoudile is in the hole then a call to throw will make the
    > >> monkey in the hut with the coconuts throw out one and hit it.
    > >>
    > >> I almost missed the hint with the green powder the plant in the hole
    > >> was releasing. But I did get some help in getting all the monkey's
    > >> names.
    > >> ==
    > >
    > > so how did you learn the call to throw?
    >
    > Isn't it on the wall behind you when you're in the cabin where you can make
    > the sounds?

    duh... how stupid do i feel?

    thanks

    heron