To delete uninstalled quicklaunch icon in task bar

kallu

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2004

Quick launch icons of some application which I 've already uninstalled, is
still larking around when I look under the properties of my task bar... i.e.
when I rt click task bar> select properties> under Task bar window
'Customize'... here the unistalled applications icons are still present .
Even in the context menu of 'open with program' I can see them. How do I
remove them. I use Windows XP Pro.

Your help would be most valuable. Thanks.

"kallu" <kallu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Quick launch icons of some application which I 've already uninstalled, is
> still larking around when I look under the properties of my task bar...
i.e.
> when I rt click task bar> select properties> under Task bar window
> 'Customize'... here the unistalled applications icons are still present .
> Even in the context menu of 'open with program' I can see them. How do I
> remove them. I use Windows XP Pro.
>
> Your help would be most valuable. Thanks.

For Quick Launch (not System Tray), right click a blank area on the toolbar
(no raised items when cursor goes over), then select "open folder" in pop-up
menu. Note that all items are shortcuts; delete the one to the now-removed
program.

Malv

kallu

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2004

Hi Malv,

Sorry for confusing between qick launch & System Tray. What I meant was
System Tray not Quick launch, i.e. some uninstalled application's icons that
was there.When I right click toolbar > properties > customize and under
the list of past items. My problem was how to remove them from the list of
Past item. I think the reply by Ramesh (MVP) has solved my problem.

"Malvern" <thisis@fak> wrote in

> "kallu" <kallu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Quick launch icons of some application which I 've already
>> uninstalled, is still larking around when I look under the properties
>> of my task bar...
> i.e.
>> when I rt click task bar> select properties> under Task bar window
>> 'Customize'... here the unistalled applications icons are still
>> present . Even in the context menu of 'open with program' I can see
>> them. How do I remove them. I use Windows XP Pro.
>>
>> Your help would be most valuable. Thanks.
>
> For Quick Launch (not System Tray), right click a blank area on the
> toolbar (no raised items when cursor goes over), then select "open
> folder" in pop-up menu. Note that all items are shortcuts; delete the
> one to the now-removed program.
>
> Malv

Actually, if you right-click on the quick launch button you want to remove,
a context menu pops up and select delete.

How to Clear Past Items from the Notification Area:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q283084

Regarding the context-menu items, more information is required - such as the file-type etc.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
"kallu" <kallu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B13F1678-D002-4ABB-BB6E-6A987DA53FA4@microsoft.com...
Quick launch icons of some application which I 've already uninstalled, is
still larking around when I look under the properties of my task bar... i.e.
when I rt click task bar> select properties> under Task bar window
'Customize'... here the unistalled applications icons are still present ..
Even in the context menu of 'open with program' I can see them. How do I
remove them. I use Windows XP Pro.

Your help would be most valuable. Thanks.

kallu

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2004

I 've been successful in removing the past item in the customize tray
notification by following your link. Thank you!

You're welcome!

--

> Hi Malv,
>
> Sorry for confusing between qick launch & System Tray. What I meant was
> System Tray not Quick launch, i.e. some uninstalled application's icons
that
> was there.When I right click toolbar > properties > customize and under
> the list of past items. My problem was how to remove them from the list of
> Past item. I think the reply by Ramesh (MVP) has solved my problem.

Go with Ramesh as he's an MVP, which I am not. I answer what I know or can
find. The System Tray involves matters like yours which I don't touch lest
I foul someone else up bad. Good luck with fixing the problem.

Malv

TRENDING THREADS