Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

To delete uninstalled quicklaunch icon in task bar

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
November 6, 2004 8:19:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Quick launch icons of some application which I 've already uninstalled, is
still larking around when I look under the properties of my task bar... i.e.
when I rt click task bar> select properties> under Task bar window
'Customize'... here the unistalled applications icons are still present .
Even in the context menu of 'open with program' I can see them. How do I
remove them. I use Windows XP Pro.

Your help would be most valuable. Thanks.
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 2:53:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

"kallu" <kallu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B13F1678-D002-4ABB-BB6E-6A987DA53FA4@microsoft.com...
> Quick launch icons of some application which I 've already uninstalled, is
> still larking around when I look under the properties of my task bar...
i.e.
> when I rt click task bar> select properties> under Task bar window
> 'Customize'... here the unistalled applications icons are still present .
> Even in the context menu of 'open with program' I can see them. How do I
> remove them. I use Windows XP Pro.
>
> Your help would be most valuable. Thanks.

For Quick Launch (not System Tray), right click a blank area on the toolbar
(no raised items when cursor goes over), then select "open folder" in pop-up
menu. Note that all items are shortcuts; delete the one to the now-removed
program.

Malv
November 6, 2004 2:53:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Hi Malv,

Sorry for confusing between qick launch & System Tray. What I meant was
System Tray not Quick launch, i.e. some uninstalled application's icons that
was there.When I right click toolbar > properties > customize and under
the list of past items. My problem was how to remove them from the list of
Past item. I think the reply by Ramesh (MVP) has solved my problem.
Related resources
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 4:27:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

"Malvern" <thisis@fak> wrote in
news:418d1db4$0$28455$8b463f8a@news.nationwide.net:

> "kallu" <kallu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:B13F1678-D002-4ABB-BB6E-6A987DA53FA4@microsoft.com...
>> Quick launch icons of some application which I 've already
>> uninstalled, is still larking around when I look under the properties
>> of my task bar...
> i.e.
>> when I rt click task bar> select properties> under Task bar window
>> 'Customize'... here the unistalled applications icons are still
>> present . Even in the context menu of 'open with program' I can see
>> them. How do I remove them. I use Windows XP Pro.
>>
>> Your help would be most valuable. Thanks.
>
> For Quick Launch (not System Tray), right click a blank area on the
> toolbar (no raised items when cursor goes over), then select "open
> folder" in pop-up menu. Note that all items are shortcuts; delete the
> one to the now-removed program.
>
> Malv
>
>
>

Actually, if you right-click on the quick launch button you want to remove,
a context menu pops up and select delete.
Anonymous
November 6, 2004 10:00:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

How to Clear Past Items from the Notification Area:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q283084

Regarding the context-menu items, more information is required - such as the file-type etc.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org
--------------------------------------------
Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and BHO:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm
--------------------------------------------
The Parasite Fight - Quick Fix Protocol:
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php
--------------------------------------------
"kallu" <kallu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B13F1678-D002-4ABB-BB6E-6A987DA53FA4@microsoft.com...
Quick launch icons of some application which I 've already uninstalled, is
still larking around when I look under the properties of my task bar... i.e.
when I rt click task bar> select properties> under Task bar window
'Customize'... here the unistalled applications icons are still present ..
Even in the context menu of 'open with program' I can see them. How do I
remove them. I use Windows XP Pro.

Your help would be most valuable. Thanks.
November 6, 2004 10:00:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I 've been successful in removing the past item in the customize tray
notification by following your link. Thank you!
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 11:59:44 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

You're welcome!

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org
--------------------------------------------
Using ToolbarCop to remove the unwanted Toolband, Toolbar Icons and BHO:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/toolbarcop.htm
--------------------------------------------
The Parasite Fight - Quick Fix Protocol:
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php
--------------------------------------------
"kallu" <kallu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4A7478C-8753-483A-BAF6-775173859BCD@microsoft.com...

I 've been successful in removing the past item in the customize tray
notification by following your link. Thank you!
Anonymous
November 7, 2004 3:48:57 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

"kallu" <kallu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:48790CA1-88F8-42D9-8611-0B82BD546159@microsoft.com...
>
>
> Hi Malv,
>
> Sorry for confusing between qick launch & System Tray. What I meant was
> System Tray not Quick launch, i.e. some uninstalled application's icons
that
> was there.When I right click toolbar > properties > customize and under
> the list of past items. My problem was how to remove them from the list of
> Past item. I think the reply by Ramesh (MVP) has solved my problem.

Go with Ramesh as he's an MVP, which I am not. I answer what I know or can
find. The System Tray involves matters like yours which I don't touch lest
I foul someone else up bad. Good luck with fixing the problem.

Malv
!