ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Ok so i think i might be able to do this.

I already purchased a sweet video card x1800gto2 512mb /16 pipelines
now for the other stuff. All i really need is RAM,Processor,Motherboard and PSU. ^_^

here we go!

Hiper 530w PSU

GIGABYTE GA-965P-S3

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe

CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR2 800

Wuahhahah! So what do you all think? oh yea.. . my budget on this thing is $750 and i did it for 759!

Looks good to me..:)

Are you mostly a gamer or what exactly do you use your PC for?

KodeFoo

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
Are you mostly a gamer or what exactly do you use your PC for?

I game mostly but also do the whole freelance Flash/Web thing.

Everything looks pretty good to me. Although i'm sure there will be a few people that will recomend a diffrent PSU that will save you maney and last longer.

Really? i would like to save money and possibly get teh 6400! that would be great!

KodeFoo

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
Well it would be a tradeoff. You would get a PSu with about the same specs but it won't be modular and won't have the plastic tool case that comes with the hiper. Might save you about $20. That's about it. But look around some more. You could easily go with a 450-500w PSU. Just make sure that there is 18-22amps on each 12v rail.

i really like the modular cables and like having a bit of power. But won't it last long? i mean i thought they were a good PSU brand? or did i misunderstand you?

KodeFoo

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
No please don't missunderstand me here. I love these PSU's. I have seen nothing but rave reviews about them. But if getting that 6400 is a big deal to you then you may need to make some trade offs. It all depends on where your priorities lie. But i would stay with the Hiper PSU.

oh ok.. yea going to the 6400 is not that big of a deal..i am happy just getting into a Conroe in the first place! and the Cosair ram is good quality ram. What my main concerne is playing oblivion. My current rig can only play it at 800x600 and everything turned off... lol

enforcerfx

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2006
Ok so i think i might be able to do this.

I already purchased a sweet video card x1800gto2 512mb /16 pipelines
now for the other stuff. All i really need is RAM,Processor,Motherboard and PSU. ^_^

here we go!

Hiper 530w PSU

GIGABYTE GA-965P-S3

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe

CORSAIR XMS2 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR2 800

Wuahhahah! So what do you all think? oh yea.. . my budget on this thing is $750 and i did it for 759!

Nice list. If your into gaming, you might want to double the memory to 2GB. Its recommended usually. The PSU is fine, Hiper is by far one of the best. Good Luck. :D

f1nal_0men

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2006
It's funny. a month ago when i threw my system together i got alot of people saying they didn't like the hiper PSU because of the plastic case it came in and thought it should be cheaper and not come with the case. Now all of a sudden there are all these people loving this PSU. Oh well.

I don't like that power supply ^_^
But ya man, not too shabby. Like someone has mentioned, get 2x1gb if you can, Vista will benefit from it emensly. And some games already take advantage of more ram.

KodeFoo

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2006
Nice list. If your into gaming, you might want to double the memory to 2GB. Its recommended usually. The PSU is fine, Hiper is by far one of the best. Good Luck. :D

Yeah in a few months i plan on getting another gig. But for now it will be ok till vista comes out..

Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS