Freecell windows 7 arranged

William-47

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Hi,
Does anyone know if the Freecell games (in Windows 7 Pro 64 bit) have been pre-arrangd by Microsoft so as to select easier games when you start and moe difficullt ones after you have played some of them?
I like to play the game and start it several times a day when I want to pause my work. I have the impression that I never get difficult games at the start, but only after having played several o f them. I didn't investigate this systematically, its just an impression. Does anyone kwow more about this?

Thanks,
William

Solution
I often wonder about the "intelligence" of Freecell and Solitaire in choosing games, but I've never seen any solid evidence of it. There are times when it seems like the "deck is stacked" one way or another, but over the long haul I think I've ended up with many tough games as easy ones whether it's the first game or the 10th.

It would be fun to see the source code, though...

4745454b

Titan
No, I haven't heard anything about this. I would think it wouldn't matter. All the cards are on the table, its up to you to see the moves. If you miss them then it doesn't matter how the cards are arranged.

Fowang, I'm not sure why you consider it important to point out peoples spelling/grammar mistakes. More so in your case as it's a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.

William-47

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
Hi 4745454b and fowang,
I am affraid I didn't put my question in a clear way, because it is not about the cards displayed on the screen, but about the sequence of games. I'll try it again:

Is it possible that when you start the Freecell program the first games aren't selected by the program at random from the million(?) possible choices, but are selected because they are relatively easy to play and that more difficult games are selected by the program only when you have played some of these easier ones? It would be a psychological trick to create some addiction in the player. It would be like professional poker players who start a game by letting a newcomer win easily to make the game attractive, before giving him a hard time.

More clear this time?
W.

I understood him perfectly the first time. All you have to do is read with attention.

@OP, sorry no idea about your question. I just felt like sticking up for you.

fowang

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
I'm so sorry, please forgive me!

I beg you!

FS guys it was quite hard to try and understand what the OP was trying to say.

Quit gurning your lamps out!

EDITED BEFORE THE PUNCTUATION POLICE STRIKE AGAIN.

There are 3 people here that understood what he was saying to 1 who didn't.

OP, no idea...

fowang

Distinguished
May 30, 2006
Back to the OP.

Contact microsoft i'd say they would know, seeing they made the application.

Although I wouldn't hold out much hope on getting a replay, but from getting the gist of your message, your probably correct.

I often wonder about the "intelligence" of Freecell and Solitaire in choosing games, but I've never seen any solid evidence of it. There are times when it seems like the "deck is stacked" one way or another, but over the long haul I think I've ended up with many tough games as easy ones whether it's the first game or the 10th.

It would be fun to see the source code, though...

Solution
WTF?!??

Is "Fragment consider revising" your idea of good grammar? To top it off, not only is your spelling "quite poor" but your answer is completely unhelpful!

4745454b

Titan
"Fragment consider revising" (along with the green underline) is a standard grammar check error message in MS word. If I had to guess, he is copy/pasting text into word and then pointing out people's errors? I think he might be using it to convert it into whatever language he natively speaks. I really doubt fowang is a native English speaker. I only pointed it out because he does it in nearly every thread I see him in. That is why I don't believe his "apology". Thankfully I'm not a mod or I would have told him to stop already. Instead I'll point out how bad his spelling/grammar is and hope he stops.

Add another one to, I fully understood the question.

Yes - Many people here are not "English" speaking - There are also several versions the language depending on where you live. Tell a American Lady to sit here fanny down, No problem. If you’re a lady visiting England I highly recommend that you do NOT walk into a pub and loudly say "I guess I'll sit my fanny down.

Then you have people like me that misspell often and/or otherwise butch the English language - But could care less, my paycheck is not based on my spelling, but my knowledge.