How do I make eggs again?

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

Me again =)

There used to be a program (Genetics Kit?) for C2 that would combine the
genetics of two creatures to make a unique (as far as possible) third and
you could choose to have it made up into an egg...

Anyone know where I could find that now? Or at least what it is called?

TIA,

x0tix

Don

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2001

"xOtix" <also@this.invalis> wrote in message
> Me again =)
>

> There used to be a program (Genetics Kit?) for C2 that would combine the
> genetics of two creatures to make a unique (as far as possible) third and
> you could choose to have it made up into an egg...
>
> Anyone know where I could find that now? Or at least what it is called?
>
> TIA,
>
> x0tix

The Creatures 2 Egg Maker?:

http://www.webpetz.com/creatures/tools_breed_c2.php

Alternatively, the Genetics Kit is available from
www.gamewaredevelopment.com

Don
AmberCreatures
http://www.webpetz.com

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

"Don" <admin@amberz.nospam.net> wrote in news:dde29i$68d$1
@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:

> Alternatively, the Genetics Kit is available from
> www.gamewaredevelopment.com
>
> Don
> AmberCreatures
> http://www.webpetz.com

I must have misunderstood. I thought EVERYTHING was included in The
Albian Years. If I had realised I would have ordered it at the same time.
(sigh)

This is silly. I have 6 copies of the original C2 (for win 98) and no
machine now that I can play it on (especially without the CD in). I also
have a copy of the Gen Kit around here somewhere... I should see if it
works with XP. Although iirc, it wasn't as good as the third party
stuff.

Oh, well. Thanks again got the stuff from your site. =)

> "Don" <admin@amberz.nospam.net> wrote in news:dde29i$68d$1
> @nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com:
>

> > Alternatively, the Genetics Kit is available from
> > www.gamewaredevelopment.com
> >
> > Don
> > AmberCreatures
> > http://www.webpetz.com
> >

> I must have misunderstood. I thought EVERYTHING was included in The
> Albian Years. If I had realised I would have ordered it at the same time.
> (sigh)
>
> This is silly. I have 6 copies of the original C2 (for win 98) and no
> machine now that I can play it on (especially without the CD in). I also

6 Copies! Oh my ship me one!! How much? :)
*waits gleefully in anticipation*

--
Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
boring...

"How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

"Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in

> 6 Copies! Oh my ship me one!! How much? :)
> *waits gleefully in anticipation*

*peers suspiciously at whoever is lurking behind the name at the top of
the post...* You. Are. Not. Serious. (...Are you?) 0.0

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

"Don" <admin@amberz.nospam.net> wrote in

> "xOtix" <also@this.invalis> wrote in message
>> Me again =)
>>

>> There used to be a program (Genetics Kit?) for C2 that would combine
>> the genetics of two creatures to make a unique (as far as possible)
>> third and you could choose to have it made up into an egg...
>>
>> Anyone know where I could find that now? Or at least what it is
>> called?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> x0tix
>
> The Creatures 2 Egg Maker?:
>
> http://www.webpetz.com/creatures/tools_breed_c2.php

GAH!! Somehow I missed this part of your post and have been haring around
all day getting more and more frustrated at not being able to find it! LOL
=`(

Thanks again Don.

*hugs*

--

"xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
> "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in
>

> > 6 Copies! Oh my ship me one!! How much? :)
> > *waits gleefully in anticipation*
> >

> *peers suspiciously at whoever is lurking behind the name at the top of
> the post...* You. Are. Not. Serious. (...Are you?) 0.0

*would rather the lack of suspicion, but this IS AGC <g> *

I've been looking all over for C2 so if you have an extra why not? :D

<bows> I haven't been in here for eons so perhaps suspicion is properly
warranted.

--
Those who do not read AGC are those that perish because their life is
boring...

"How do I create a coloured Norn instead of one of those 'brownish or gold'
ones?" ...Ah the good old Days of C1!

Archived from groups: alt.games.creatures (More info?)

"xOtix" <also@this.is.invalid> wrote in message
> "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in
>

> > 6 Copies! Oh my ship me one!! How much? :)
> > *waits gleefully in anticipation*
> >

> *peers suspiciously at whoever is lurking behind the name at the top of
> the post...* You. Are. Not. Serious. (...Are you?) 0.0
>
> --
> x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
> Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
> norns. 8^) "
> ...and still there after all these years, an historical glimpse of
> Creatures nostalgia (most external links broken):
> < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/agc-toc.htm >
> < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c1faq.htm >
> < http://www.bconnex.net/~quix0tix/c2faq.htm >

*suddenly takes note of the 'bconnex.net' in the links*

Barrie* connex? as in the ISP from ages ago! *stares and notes he's in...
'Barrie-ish' *

Hm, perhaps you could* ship me one of those easier than thought... *remains
wishful*

--

> *suddenly takes note of the 'bconnex.net' in the links*
>
> Barrie* connex? as in the ISP from ages ago! *stares and notes he's
> in... 'Barrie-ish' *

Well it *was* --over 5 years ago. lol
I was in Orillia at the time. Where's Barrie-ish? ;`)

> Hm, perhaps you could* ship me one of those easier than thought...
> *remains wishful*

Sorry. Just got married to an American so I'm living in the States atm.
Can you wait a couple years until we move back to Canada? ~.~

Tried E-bay? =`)

--

> "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in
>
> > *suddenly takes note of the 'bconnex.net' in the links*
> >
> > Barrie* connex? as in the ISP from ages ago! *stares and notes he's
> > in... 'Barrie-ish' *
>
> Well it *was* --over 5 years ago. lol
> I was in Orillia at the time. Where's Barrie-ish? ;`)

Barrie-ish is west(??) of Orillia but at the East edge of Barrie, On
<grin>... ish is such a wonderful invention isn't it?.

> Sorry. Just got married to an American so I'm living in the States atm.
> Can you wait a couple years until we move back to Canada? ~.~
>
> Tried E-bay? =`)

Hmm I *could* wait a couple years, but then I'd end up forgetting I have C1
again because I'll be so busy haha... thanks though for clarifying, I shall
continue to hunt in online stores... that sadly must take Pay-pal as I've no
CC.... *hates Credit Cards for all their implications, etc.*

Have fun with your coding of C2 COBs etc too... being a programmer, I tried
to get a grip on CAOS... never could quite get any of it right
unfortunately, so I shall stick to VB, C++, and some JAVA & PHP.

*f'sighs and returns to busy'ness of work-day*

'ta for now.

--

> Barrie-ish is west(??) of Orillia but at the East edge of Barrie, On
> <grin>... ish is such a wonderful invention isn't it?.

ah. much clearer lol

>> Sorry. Just got married to an American so I'm living in the States atm.
>> Can you wait a couple years until we move back to Canada? ~.~
>>
>> Tried E-bay? =`)
>>

> Hmm I *could* wait a couple years, but then I'd end up forgetting I have
C1
> again because I'll be so busy haha... thanks though for clarifying, I
shall
> continue to hunt in online stores... that sadly must take Pay-pal as I've
no
> CC.... *hates Credit Cards for all their implications, etc.*

*nods*

> Have fun with your coding of C2 COBs etc too...

Thanks!

being a programmer, I tried
> to get a grip on CAOS... never could quite get any of it right
> unfortunately, so I shall stick to VB, C++, and some JAVA & PHP.

My husband is a programmer. He worked for IBM for decades, and is still
working in that field. We were trying to figure out how do do some stuff
with CAOS and he remarked that it was a "sloppy" language. =`)

> *f'sighs and returns to busy'ness of work-day*
>
> 'ta for now.

*waves* Don't work too hard. =`}

--
x0tix: "x0tix xtrmly oogh! Eat toy!"
Malveka: "I'm convinced now that they used YOUR genome as a basis for the
norns. 8^)"
..

> "Jim Eha" <spikeaceon@yahoo.com> wrote in
>

> > Barrie-ish is west(??) of Orillia but at the East edge of Barrie, On
> > <grin>... ish is such a wonderful invention isn't it?.
>
> ah. much clearer lol

a'thank..... ya *slight bow*

> >> Sorry. Just got married to an American so I'm living in the States
atm.

<snip>

> > Have fun with your coding of C2 COBs etc too...
>
> Thanks!

Oh you're quite welcome! *hands xOtix some rare cheese for the rare <g>
'Thanks!' *

> being a programmer, I tried
> > to get a grip on CAOS... never could quite get any of it right
> > unfortunately, so I shall stick to VB, C++, and some JAVA & PHP.
>
> My husband is a programmer. He worked for IBM for decades, and is still
> working in that field. We were trying to figure out how do do some stuff
> with CAOS and he remarked that it was a "sloppy" language. =`)

Heh, I haven't had that* much time to go through it, but I started wondering
if it was that, that was keeping me from mastering it.

> > *f'sighs and returns to busy'ness of work-day*
> >
> > 'ta for now.
> >

> *waves* Don't work too hard. =`}

Oh I don't.... it's more working hard... na... hardly working ;)