Is it better to start with one of the earlier versions of Myst than Myst IV
if you are just beginning this type of game. Usually I play the blood &
guts, blow up the monster games etc., and to tell the truth Myst IV is
pretty baffling. This is my first kick at this genre of game. Very cool
though, and plays well on an Alienware notebook by the way. I did have to
replace the shader .dll file back to the original "prepatch" file to get rid
of the jaggies.
Thanks for any input.

Paul

Paul in MN wrote:
> Is it better to start with one of the earlier versions of Myst than Myst IV
> if you are just beginning this type of game. Usually I play the blood &
> guts, blow up the monster games etc., and to tell the truth Myst IV is
> pretty baffling. This is my first kick at this genre of game. Very cool

I'd recommend playing them in order. It won't make Myst IV any easier,
but there's a very intricate plot running around the Myst games, usually
in the shadows, so playing them in order and paying attention is the
only way to pick it all up.

"Paul in MN" <ppridday@removeyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is it better to start with one of the earlier versions of Myst than Myst
> IV
> if you are just beginning this type of game. Usually I play the blood &
> guts, blow up the monster games etc., and to tell the truth Myst IV is
> pretty baffling. This is my first kick at this genre of game. Very cool
> though, and plays well on an Alienware notebook by the way. I did have to
> replace the shader .dll file back to the original "prepatch" file to get
> rid
> of the jaggies.
> Thanks for any input.

I say play them in order, so first Myst, then Riven, then Exile, then
Revelations.
That way you'll enjoy the story much more.

--
Unforgiven

Dex

I think they are all pretty difficult but the first one is probably the
easiest.

"Paul in MN" <ppridday@removeyahoo.com> wrote in message

> Is it better to start with one of the earlier versions of Myst than Myst
> IV
> if you are just beginning this type of game. Usually I play the blood &
> guts, blow up the monster games etc., and to tell the truth Myst IV is
> pretty baffling. This is my first kick at this genre of game. Very cool
> though, and plays well on an Alienware notebook by the way. I did have to
> replace the shader .dll file back to the original "prepatch" file to get
> rid
> of the jaggies.
> Thanks for any input.
>
> Paul

grey

"Unforgiven" <jaapd4000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Paul in MN" <ppridday@removeyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Is it better to start with one of the earlier versions of Myst than Myst
> > IV
> > if you are just beginning this type of game. Usually I play the blood &
> > guts, blow up the monster games etc., and to tell the truth Myst IV is
> > pretty baffling. This is my first kick at this genre of game. Very
cool
> > though, and plays well on an Alienware notebook by the way. I did have
> > replace the shader .dll file back to the original "prepatch" file to get
> > rid
> > of the jaggies.
> > Thanks for any input.
>
> I say play them in order, so first Myst, then Riven, then Exile, then
> Revelations.
> That way you'll enjoy the story much more.

Don't forget URU which is not really part of the sequence, but still a good
game.

Graham

"Grey" <grahame9@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "Unforgiven" <jaapd4000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Paul in MN" <ppridday@removeyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Is it better to start with one of the earlier versions of Myst than
>> > Myst
>> > IV
>> > if you are just beginning this type of game. Usually I play the blood
>> > &
>> > guts, blow up the monster games etc., and to tell the truth Myst IV is
>> > pretty baffling. This is my first kick at this genre of game. Very
> cool
>> > though, and plays well on an Alienware notebook by the way. I did have
>> > replace the shader .dll file back to the original "prepatch" file to
>> > get
>> > rid
>> > of the jaggies.
>> > Thanks for any input.
>>
>> I say play them in order, so first Myst, then Riven, then Exile, then
>> Revelations.
>> That way you'll enjoy the story much more.
>
> Don't forget URU which is not really part of the sequence, but still a
> good
> game.

But it doesn't really matter when you play that one, since it doesn't tie
into the main continuity.
If you have the chance, I would also recommend reading The Book of Atrus
between Myst and Riven, and The Book of Ti'ana and The Book of D'ni between
Riven and Exile.

--
Unforgiven