Trying to use two monitors with one desktop.

I just loaded XP pro on my pc and all went pretty well, with the exception of
not being able to get my desktop stretched between my two monitors. I DO get
two individual desktops on both monitors but can't seem to use both as one. I
did go into the display properties, but I don't get the "Extend my Windows
desktop onto the monitor" option. There are two monitors shown in the display
profile, one being a plug and play, and the other my Dell monitor. It doesn't
show me a pic of two monitors like it did in ME before the XP upgrade. Both
monitors are plugged into the same video card like it was before the upgrade.
I've followed all the "dualview" instructions but without the "Extend my
Windows desktop onto the monitor " I don't know what to do. Any help would be
great.
Alan

Hi,

You're using default video drivers installed with WinXP, you need to install
a full driver set from the manufacturer of your primary video card.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"winter_worlock" <winter_worlock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just loaded XP pro on my pc and all went pretty well, with the exception
>of
> not being able to get my desktop stretched between my two monitors. I DO
> get
> two individual desktops on both monitors but can't seem to use both as
> one. I
> did go into the display properties, but I don't get the "Extend my Windows
> desktop onto the monitor" option. There are two monitors shown in the
> display
> profile, one being a plug and play, and the other my Dell monitor. It
> doesn't
> show me a pic of two monitors like it did in ME before the XP upgrade.
> Both
> monitors are plugged into the same video card like it was before the
> upgrade.
> I've followed all the "dualview" instructions but without the "Extend my
> Windows desktop onto the monitor " I don't know what to do. Any help would
> be
> great.
> Alan

TRENDING THREADS