Does my mobo have agp slot?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Support
  • Video
  • Graphics
Last response: in Motherboards
September 9, 2006 10:39:56 PM

I thought i was doomed with integrated video on a 1/2 way decent system for 5 years old. Besides the bad graphics it has 1.25 gig memory. 2.6 pe running at 2.9.

Here is the picture of my system board
http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=systemboardom9...

i cant tell what would be a agp slot int here if i had one. cuz gateway said i had this type of support.
AGP Support Direct AGP
Video Memory Support Discrete wavelet multitone (DVMT)
Video Chipset AGP Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2

More about : mobo agp slot

September 9, 2006 11:07:41 PM

Quote:
I thought i was doomed with integrated video on a 1/2 way decent system for 5 years old. Besides the bad graphics it has 1.25 gig memory. 2.6 pe running at 2.9.

Here is the picture of my system board
http://img180.imageshack.us/my.php?image=systemboardom9...

i cant tell what would be a agp slot int here if i had one. cuz gateway said i had this type of support.
AGP Support Direct AGP
Video Memory Support Discrete wavelet multitone (DVMT)
Video Chipset AGP Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2

If that is the same board as the one you have you do NOT have an AGP slot.

You can see the holes are there for it above your PCI slots but the AGP slot itself is missing.

Gateway and many other vendors do this to save $.

I would strongly urge you to upgrade to a decent motherboard that has AGP 8x or PCI-E

GL :-D
September 9, 2006 11:16:47 PM

Nope.No AGP there my friend.Try upgrading to a different mother board and make sure it has agp.If you are unable to get a board with agp,then get one with pci-e.And to tell if you do have an agp slot,your agp slot will be a darker brown color and sits closest to the cpu.it is also offset from the other pci slots.goodluck.

Dahak

EVGA VF4 SLI MB
X2 4400+@2.4
2 7800GT'S IN SLI MODE
2X1GIG DDR400 MEMORY IN DC MODE
WD300GIG HD
520WATT PSU
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR
3DMARK05:11,582
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 9, 2006 11:26:08 PM

Thanks guys,

Ya i was just wondering cuz i do moderate gaming and i can't stand getting only 20 fps on lowest settings. And a low quality agp would help till i wait for dx10 and vista to get my new system *and time to save, lol*
September 9, 2006 11:29:41 PM

Aye :-D

The board below has a REAL AGP 8x and a REAL PCI-E 16X so you can use either an AGP card or a PCI-E or BOTH at the same time if you wanted to

From LEFT to RIGHT

The yellow slot is a special AM2 upgrade slot for a daughtercard.

The long white slot is a 16X PCI-E slot

The short white slot is a 1X PCI-E slot

The brown slot is an 8X AGP slot

The 3 white slots are standard 32bit PCI slots

This board is relatively inexpensive @ 66.99 new or about $43 delivered open box ( just the bare board no other parts ).

So if you already have DDR2100/2700/3200 you can get this board + an inexpensive AMD64 939 for as low as $64 assuming your other parts are up to it.

For 66.99+6.13+64 you could upgrade to a very nice new box with a lot of upgrade potential ( assuming you have 184pin DDR and your PSU can handle it ).

For about $30 you could purchase the special daughtercard with allows you to upgrade to a new Socket AM2 ( 940pins ) AMD64 with DDR2 instead of DDR.