Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Uru to D'ni

Last response: in Video Games
Share
November 19, 2004 4:54:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

So is the treasure hunt and the fireworks all
there is to it? I'm a bit disappointed in that if
it is. No puzzles, nothing.

I've finished this and PotS (which wasn't bad),
but I'm still stuck on the original. (Looks like
I'll be finishing them in the reverse order to
that in which I started them). Does anyone have a
minutely helpful hint for the 34 hexagon puzzle?
(Nothing blatant please, but where can I find a
clue as to what I ought to be doing there?)

Neil

More about : uru

Anonymous
November 19, 2004 2:20:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

Hi Neil,

"Neil" <neil@chapellane69.free-online.co.uk> schreef in bericht
news:419d5278$0$528$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
> So is the treasure hunt and the fireworks all
> there is to it? I'm a bit disappointed in that if
> it is. No puzzles, nothing.

Sure there is more... You have to read some *new* texts in the original Uru
part.
I didn't know that and I have played the original Uru before installing the
add-ons. How could I know that I had to go back to one of the original ages
to find some clues - cost me days of wandering around not knowing what to do
:) 

More spoilers below...

>
> I've finished this and PotS (which wasn't bad),
> but I'm still stuck on the original. (Looks like
> I'll be finishing them in the reverse order to
> that in which I started them). Does anyone have a
> minutely helpful hint for the 34 hexagon puzzle?
> (Nothing blatant please, but where can I find a
> clue as to what I ought to be doing there?)
>

Just look around, the hint is almost everywhere in that age... I can't get
more minutely than this :) 

> Neil
>
>

Good luck!
Marcel



*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

Just remember, Uru to D'ni describes the story of what happened when the
restoration team was leaving the place, so there might be some diaries you
haven't read.
Have you seen the books about The Great Zero?
Have you been in The Great Zero chamber?
Have you done more with your KI than just taking pictures?
November 19, 2004 11:18:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

"Marcel Overweel" <moverweel@hotmail.com> wrote in
message
news:419dc8f5$0$559$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
> Hi Neil,
>
> "Neil" <neil@chapellane69.free-online.co.uk>
> schreef in bericht
> news:419d5278$0$528$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
>> So is the treasure hunt and the fireworks all
>> there is to it? I'm a bit disappointed in that
>> if
>> it is. No puzzles, nothing.
>
> Sure there is more... You have to read some
> *new* texts in the original Uru part.
>
> Just remember, Uru to D'ni describes the story
> of what happened when the restoration team
> was leaving the place, so there might be some
> diaries you haven't read.
> Have you seen the books about The Great Zero?
> Have you been in The Great Zero chamber?
> Have you done more with your KI than just taking
> pictures?
>

The only GZ book I have seen is in the GZ
antechamber. I have the GZ working. The treasure
hunt I was refering to was for the markers, and
the fireworks Zandi's "shell bat signal." Is
there more than that?

>>
>> I've finished this and PotS (which wasn't bad),
>> but I'm still stuck on the original. (Looks
>> like
>> I'll be finishing them in the reverse order to
>> that in which I started them). Does anyone
>> have a
>> minutely helpful hint for the 34 hexagon
>> puzzle?
>> (Nothing blatant please, but where can I find a
>> clue as to what I ought to be doing there?)
>>
>
> Just look around, the hint is almost everywhere
> in that age... I can't get more minutely than
> this :) 
>

I'd say that's pretty minute. I'm thinking
perhaps you could try tiny, but don't go too far
or I'll be upset.

Neil
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 21, 2004 1:25:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

> "Marcel Overweel" <moverweel@hotmail.com> wrote
> in message
> news:419dc8f5$0$559$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
>> Hi Neil,
>>
>> "Neil" <neil@chapellane69.free-online.co.uk>
>> schreef in bericht
>> news:419d5278$0$528$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
>>> Does anyone have a minutely helpful hint
>>> for the 34 hexagon puzzle?
>>> (Nothing blatant please, but where can I find
>>> a
>>> clue as to what I ought to be doing there?)
>>>
>>
>> Just look around, the hint is almost everywhere
>> in that age... I can't get more minutely than
>> this :) 
>>

I resorted to finding myself a clue on this.
Since I know the answer now, can anyone tell me
how I was supposed to find out which ten tiles to
step on? I've seen the window which describes the
"lap of honour" - though I wouldn't in a million
years have worked that out, though I should have
twigged the meaning of the symbols at the very
bottom. And I've seen another glass which I think
probably tells me which "species" of tiles to use.
But I'm completely lost about how that sequence is
supposed to have been passed on.

I was interested in the supporting structure in
the roof for a while. It really looks like it
ought to rotate, and I was convinced from the
outside that the whole pyramid should be able to
split in half. I also got into trying to
interpret the patterns in the "wrought iron" box
on top of the pyramid.

Neil
Anonymous
November 22, 2004 2:57:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

"Neil" <neil@chapellane69.free-online.co.uk> schreef in bericht
news:419e55a4$0$49003$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
>
> "Marcel Overweel" <moverweel@hotmail.com> wrote in
> message
> news:419dc8f5$0$559$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
> > Hi Neil,
> >
> > "Neil" <neil@chapellane69.free-online.co.uk>
> > schreef in bericht
> > news:419d5278$0$528$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
> >> So is the treasure hunt and the fireworks all
> >> there is to it? I'm a bit disappointed in that
> >> if
> >> it is. No puzzles, nothing.
> >
> > Sure there is more... You have to read some
> > *new* texts in the original Uru part.
> >
> > Just remember, Uru to D'ni describes the story
> > of what happened when the restoration team
> > was leaving the place, so there might be some
> > diaries you haven't read.
> > Have you seen the books about The Great Zero?
> > Have you been in The Great Zero chamber?
> > Have you done more with your KI than just taking
> > pictures?
> >
>
> The only GZ book I have seen is in the GZ
> antechamber. I have the GZ working. The treasure
> hunt I was refering to was for the markers, and
> the fireworks Zandi's "shell bat signal." Is
> there more than that?
>

If you have the GZ working...
Have you just SEEN the 'shell bat signal' or did you do more than just look
at it?



> >>
> >> I've finished this and PotS (which wasn't bad),
> >> but I'm still stuck on the original. (Looks
> >> like
> >> I'll be finishing them in the reverse order to
> >> that in which I started them). Does anyone
> >> have a
> >> minutely helpful hint for the 34 hexagon
> >> puzzle?
> >> (Nothing blatant please, but where can I find a
> >> clue as to what I ought to be doing there?)
> >>
> >
> > Just look around, the hint is almost everywhere
> > in that age... I can't get more minutely than
> > this :) 
> >
>
> I'd say that's pretty minute. I'm thinking
> perhaps you could try tiny, but don't go too far
> or I'll be upset.
>
> Neil
>
>
Anonymous
November 22, 2004 3:11:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

"Neil" <neil@chapellane69.free-online.co.uk> schreef in bericht
news:419fc464$0$542$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
> > "Marcel Overweel" <moverweel@hotmail.com> wrote
> > in message
> > news:419dc8f5$0$559$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl...
> >> Hi Neil,
> >>
> >> "Neil" <neil@chapellane69.free-online.co.uk>
> >> schreef in bericht
> >> news:419d5278$0$528$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...
> >>> Does anyone have a minutely helpful hint
> >>> for the 34 hexagon puzzle?
> >>> (Nothing blatant please, but where can I find
> >>> a
> >>> clue as to what I ought to be doing there?)
> >>>
> >>
> >> Just look around, the hint is almost everywhere
> >> in that age... I can't get more minutely than
> >> this :) 
> >>
>
> I resorted to finding myself a clue on this.
> Since I know the answer now, can anyone tell me
> how I was supposed to find out which ten tiles to
> step on? I've seen the window which describes the
> "lap of honour" - though I wouldn't in a million
> years have worked that out, though I should have
> twigged the meaning of the symbols at the very
> bottom. And I've seen another glass which I think
> probably tells me which "species" of tiles to use.
> But I'm completely lost about how that sequence is
> supposed to have been passed on.
>
> I was interested in the supporting structure in
> the roof for a while. It really looks like it
> ought to rotate, and I was convinced from the
> outside that the whole pyramid should be able to
> split in half. I also got into trying to
> interpret the patterns in the "wrought iron" box
> on top of the pyramid.
>
> Neil
>
>

'lap of honour'? hmm you found something else I didn't see.
My thoughts were: there are a lot of trees in this age, so maybe I should
just step on the tree markers.
Didn't work the first few times, tried several paths. Finally got it so I
figured it had to be specific trees or at least a path from the front of the
room to the back. Maybe i was just lucky :) 

regards,
Marcel
!