kallu

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2004

How do I know what Codecs are installed in my system and how to unstall or
remove those which I may not require any longer?

My OS WinXP Pro.

kallu

Installed Codecs...

Start | Run | Type: msinfo32 | OK |
[+] Components
[+] Multimedia
Audio Codecs
Video Codecs

Installed Codecs...

Sounds and Audio Device Properties
Start | Run | Type: mmsys.cpl | OK |
Hardware tab | Audio Codecs | Properties button |
Properties tab | Remove button

Sounds and Audio Device Properties
Start | Run | Type: mmsys.cpl | OK |
Hardware tab | Video Codecs | Properties button |
Properties tab | Remove button

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:3AC67C9B-83AF-4853-8BF6-862F84BF1855@microsoft.com,
kallu <kallu@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

http://gspot.headbands.com/

--
<- Shenan ->

I use gspot.exe also. :)

GSpot Codec Information Appliance

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:%238X8KlDxEHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl,
Shenan Stanley <news_helper@hushmail.com> hunted and pecked:

Wesley Vogel wrote:
> I use gspot.exe also. :)
>
> GSpot Codec Information Appliance

heh - Thanks Wesley.

After I saw your response, I thought that perhaps I should have recommended
the msinfo32 to be used first/as well. =)

--
<- Shenan ->