Canon MP370 Waste ink full error

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 24, 2005 3:00:11 AM

Hello,

probably already solved by someone...

Canon tells me to send the printer for a repair, because the waste ink tank
is full.....
There must be a way to do this more intelligent?

thanks for your input.

regards, Frank

To be Frank is hard enough !

More about : canon mp370 waste ink full error

Anonymous
August 30, 2005 2:23:59 AM

Problem solved,

"Frank B." <frabe@hccnet.nl.invalid> schreef in bericht
> Hello,
>
> probably already solved by someone...
>
> Canon tells me to send the printer for a repair, because the waste ink
> tank is full.....
> There must be a way to do this more intelligent?
>
> thanks for your input.
>
> regards, Frank

> To be Frank is hard enough !

August 30, 2005 2:24:00 AM

UNFORTUNATELY YOU NEED TO GET A NEW PRINTER.

Frank B. wrote:

>Problem solved,
>
>"Frank B." <frabe@hccnet.nl.invalid> schreef in bericht
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>probably already solved by someone...
>>
>>Canon tells me to send the printer for a repair, because the waste ink
>>tank is full.....
>>There must be a way to do this more intelligent?
>>
>>thanks for your input.
>>
>>regards, Frank
>>
>>-------------------------------------------------------------------
>>To be Frank is hard enough !
>>-------------------------------------------------------------------

Related resources
August 30, 2005 3:10:10 AM

The reset codes are available for many of the Canon printers online. Google
waste ink tank full and the model of your printer to see if there is a
reference to that model. Nifty stuff forum has a thread on reset codes for
some of the canons as does Neil Slade's site. The tank is really an
absorbent pad. In some printers it is very difficult to get at and replace,
and in others a reasonably handy person can do it. I've read that you can
get away with simply resetting the printer memory once without replacing or
cleaning the "tank." Unfortunately, the cost of having a tech do it is
often close to the replacement cost for a new printer. If you want to try
to do the reset code you must do it when you get the warning. If you keep
printing, the models I've read about will stop funtioning and you can not
reset it at that point.
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

"Frank B." <frabe@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> probably already solved by someone...
>
> Canon tells me to send the printer for a repair, because the waste ink
> tank is full.....
> There must be a way to do this more intelligent?
>
> thanks for your input.
>
> regards, Frank

> To be Frank is hard enough !

August 31, 2005 2:01:55 PM