Canon MP370 Waste ink full error

Hello,

probably already solved by someone...

Canon tells me to send the printer for a repair, because the waste ink tank
is full.....
There must be a way to do this more intelligent?

thanks for your input.

regards, Frank

To be Frank is hard enough !
More about canon mp370 waste full error

    Problem solved,

    "Frank B." <frabe@hccnet.nl.invalid> schreef in bericht
    > Hello,
    >
    > probably already solved by someone...
    >
    > Canon tells me to send the printer for a repair, because the waste ink
    > tank is full.....
    > There must be a way to do this more intelligent?
    >
    > thanks for your input.
    >
    > regards, Frank

    > To be Frank is hard enough !

    UNFORTUNATELY YOU NEED TO GET A NEW PRINTER.

    Frank B. wrote:

    >Problem solved,
    >
    >"Frank B." <frabe@hccnet.nl.invalid> schreef in bericht
    >

    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>probably already solved by someone...
    >>
    >>Canon tells me to send the printer for a repair, because the waste ink
    >>tank is full.....
    >>There must be a way to do this more intelligent?
    >>
    >>thanks for your input.
    >>
    >>regards, Frank
    >>
    >>-------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>To be Frank is hard enough !
    >>-------------------------------------------------------------------

    The reset codes are available for many of the Canon printers online. Google
    waste ink tank full and the model of your printer to see if there is a
    reference to that model. Nifty stuff forum has a thread on reset codes for
    some of the canons as does Neil Slade's site. The tank is really an
    absorbent pad. In some printers it is very difficult to get at and replace,
    and in others a reasonably handy person can do it. I've read that you can
    get away with simply resetting the printer memory once without replacing or
    cleaning the "tank." Unfortunately, the cost of having a tech do it is
    often close to the replacement cost for a new printer. If you want to try
    to do the reset code you must do it when you get the warning. If you keep
    printing, the models I've read about will stop funtioning and you can not
    reset it at that point.
    http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/

    http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html

    "Frank B." <frabe@hccnet.nl.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > probably already solved by someone...
    >
    > Canon tells me to send the printer for a repair, because the waste ink
    > tank is full.....
    > There must be a way to do this more intelligent?
    >
    > thanks for your input.
    >
    > regards, Frank

    > To be Frank is hard enough !

    Hai,