program missing from Start/All Prorams menu

I am trying reduce my C: drive by moving programs to another newly created
logical drive. I recently backed up a program them used add/remove programs
to uninstall it. I then restored the program from backup but it is not
listed on my start/all programs menu
Does any one know if there is a way to get it back on theat list? If not
can anyone suggest a more apprpriate group?

PS This is my first post so if IVe done anytheing inappropriate I apoligize.
Just let me know so I won't repeat it.
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about program missing start prorams menu

    You are probably doing a partial restore and are not restoring the settings
    needed for this program. You cannot restore a program folder without also
    restoring registry settings. You will have to reinstall the program from
    your original media for the program. The only other option that might work
    is to do a System Restore back to a point before you removed the program.
    That will restore the registry entries and shortcuts but the program's
    folder also needs to be back where it was also. If you want to move a
    program from C: to another drive, you need to uninstall it from C: and then
    install it on the other drive. A few files will still be installed on C:
    but 99% of the program's files will then be on the other drive.

    "charles martin" <charlesmartin@nl.rogers.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying reduce my C: drive by moving programs to another newly created
    > logical drive. I recently backed up a program them used add/remove
    > programs
    > to uninstall it. I then restored the program from backup but it is not
    > listed on my start/all programs menu
    > Does any one know if there is a way to get it back on theat list? If
    > not
    > can anyone suggest a more apprpriate group?
    >
    > PS This is my first post so if IVe done anytheing inappropriate I
    > apoligize.
    > Just let me know so I won't repeat it.
    > Thanks

Microsoft Windows XP