Myst IV Revelation "Spirit" question (small spoiler)

Last response: in Video Games
November 20, 2004 7:33:32 PM

I got a Water spirit guide. Did anyone else get something other
than that? (Is it possible, or is water "hard-coded"?). If so,
what determines which one you get? Thanks.

-Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
November 21, 2004 12:46:58 AM

"Doug Elrod" <dre1@cornell.edu> wrote in message
news:D re1-8E17AE.16333220112004@newsstand.cit.cornell.edu...

> I got a Water spirit guide. Did anyone else get something other
> than that? (Is it possible, or is water "hard-coded"?). If so,
> what determines which one you get? Thanks.
>
> -Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)

You can get any of wind/water/fire. What you get appears to be random. As
far as I know, it doesn't change the later parts of the game.
Nick.
Anonymous
November 21, 2004 1:45:03 AM

"Doug Elrod" <dre1@cornell.edu> wrote in message
news:D re1-8E17AE.16333220112004@newsstand.cit.cornell.edu...

> I got a Water spirit guide. Did anyone else get something other
> than that? (Is it possible, or is water "hard-coded"?). If so,
> what determines which one you get? Thanks.

I got a wind spirit guide. I got no idea what determines which one you get
though. May be random, may be determined by choices you made earlier, I
don't know.

--
Unforgiven
November 23, 2004 10:21:28 AM

I beleive that the choice of spirit guide is random, but the Water guide is
the most common, then the wind, and then the fire. My biggest problem was
finding a bubble maker close enough to a water spirit to carry a bubble over
without popping!

"Doug Elrod" <dre1@cornell.edu> wrote in message
news:D re1-8E17AE.16333220112004@newsstand.cit.cornell.edu...

> I got a Water spirit guide. Did anyone else get something other
> than that? (Is it possible, or is water "hard-coded"?). If so,
> what determines which one you get? Thanks.
>
> -Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
November 28, 2004 12:57:17 AM

"Doug Elrod" <dre1@cornell.edu> wrote in message
news:D re1-8E17AE.16333220112004@newsstand.cit.cornell.edu...

> I got a Water spirit guide. Did anyone else get something other
> than that? (Is it possible, or is water "hard-coded"?). If so,
> what determines which one you get? Thanks.
>
> -Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)

I got a wind one. I think its random.

Graham
!