Myst IV Revelation "Spirit" question (small spoiler)

I got a Water spirit guide. Did anyone else get something other
than that? (Is it possible, or is water "hard-coded"?). If so,
what determines which one you get? Thanks.

-Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
4 answers Last reply
More about myst revelation spirit question small spoiler
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    "Doug Elrod" <dre1@cornell.edu> wrote in message

    > I got a Water spirit guide. Did anyone else get something other
    > than that? (Is it possible, or is water "hard-coded"?). If so,
    > what determines which one you get? Thanks.
    >
    > -Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)

    You can get any of wind/water/fire. What you get appears to be random. As
    far as I know, it doesn't change the later parts of the game.
    Nick.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    "Doug Elrod" <dre1@cornell.edu> wrote in message

    > I got a Water spirit guide. Did anyone else get something other
    > than that? (Is it possible, or is water "hard-coded"?). If so,
    > what determines which one you get? Thanks.

    I got a wind spirit guide. I got no idea what determines which one you get
    though. May be random, may be determined by choices you made earlier, I
    don't know.

    --
    Unforgiven
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    I beleive that the choice of spirit guide is random, but the Water guide is
    the most common, then the wind, and then the fire. My biggest problem was
    finding a bubble maker close enough to a water spirit to carry a bubble over
    without popping!

    "Doug Elrod" <dre1@cornell.edu> wrote in message

    > I got a Water spirit guide. Did anyone else get something other
    > than that? (Is it possible, or is water "hard-coded"?). If so,
    > what determines which one you get? Thanks.
    >
    > -Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    "Doug Elrod" <dre1@cornell.edu> wrote in message

    > I got a Water spirit guide. Did anyone else get something other
    > than that? (Is it possible, or is water "hard-coded"?). If so,
    > what determines which one you get? Thanks.
    >
    > -Doug Elrod (dre1@cornell.edu)

    I got a wind one. I think its random.

    Graham

Games Video Games