FatBurger

Illustrious
Ok, I know a lot of people hate Fry's (west coast of the US electronics superstores), but I have something good to say about them. I went there this weekend to get a Duron 800 and FIC MB (for $99US) for my server, and decided to pick up a cheap monitor as well. I found the monitor that was advertised, and there was an employee there who asked me if I needed any help. I told him I wanted that monitor, and he went into the back and got it for me. Then, I looked around for a cart (since I didn't want to lug a monitor around the store), and asked if there were any around. He actually WENT AND GOT ME A CART and brought it back.
This is rare at any store, but Fry's seems to be improving their customer service.

Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

dhlucke

Polypheme
Fry's has by far the dumbest employees in any electronics retail store, followed very closely by CompUSA. I'm glad you had a good experience though. It shouldn't have to be rare.

I never understood what was so hard about these companies to TRAIN their employees. Maybe make up a newsletter or something with all the tech news. ANYTHING would help them.

<font color=red>Amd or Intel? Who cares?? Not me...</font color=red>

scarecrow

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I also have had my good trips and my bad trips to Fry's.
But that's the same with any retail store you goto.
What location was this you went to?

<A HREF="http://www.seti.tomshardware.com" target="_new">Join The Tom's Hardware SETI@Home Team</A>

FatBurger

Illustrious
Wilsonville, Oregon.
I'm beginning to like Fry's a lot. Their service is better than...CIRCUIT CITY. I hate that place.

Apple? Macintosh? What are these strange words you speak?

G

I still can't figure why the Fry's near me is always busy. I havn't been there too much but overall I find most things of any quality are overpriced.

The place is good for sale items. When they put something of quality on sale its a good sale. Other than that most things are either cheapo (I never heard of it)components or overpriced quality components. Lets face it 20 bucks for a 80mm case fan is a bit high..specially when I can get the same one for 5 bucks online..just about anywhere.

The staff..well its a joke but then again many places, including circuit city don't bother to hire people that know anything or train them.

"Sorry Sir we can't replace your Toshiba cup holder....Toshiba does not make cup holders."