M4 Color puzzle

Spoilers below

--------------------

I'm in the Stone Forest Age. I've done the Bathysphere and I'm at the door
to the workshop with the funny colored dot puzzle. I gather this revoles
around the swatch-thingy from Spire where the central dots have to match it,
as well as making each segment equal white.

My problem is I don't have enough colors. My swatch colors are (from top)
Blue, Yellow, Red, Blue, Red & Green. Which means five segments are primary
colors (RBG) and one segment is secondary (Yellow, cyan & magenta), which
will not work. I have tried assuming my blue is actually cyan with no luck
and subsituting megenta for red.

It seems something is a miss. Any ideas?

Graham
4 answers Last reply
More about color puzzle
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    You're not ready for that puzzle yet. You need to finish the "spirit
    guide" puzzle first then it will give you more clues to finish this one.

    --
    "A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
    education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary.

    "Brad" <brad@dontuse.com> wrote in message
    > You're not ready for that puzzle yet. You need to finish the "spirit
    > guide" puzzle first then it will give you more clues to finish this one.

    If you mean the colored swirly clouds puzzle, I have already done it. Is
    there something else?

    Graham

    > Grey wrote:
    > > Spoilers below
    > >

    > > --------------------
    > >

    > > I'm in the Stone Forest Age. I've done the Bathysphere and I'm at the
    door
    > > to the workshop with the funny colored dot puzzle. I gather this revoles
    > > around the swatch-thingy from Spire where the central dots have to match
    it,
    > > as well as making each segment equal white.
    > >
    > > My problem is I don't have enough colors. My swatch colors are (from
    top)
    > > Blue, Yellow, Red, Blue, Red & Green. Which means five segments are
    primary
    > > colors (RBG) and one segment is secondary (Yellow, cyan & magenta),
    which
    > > will not work. I have tried assuming my blue is actually cyan with no
    luck
    > > and subsituting megenta for red.
    > >
    > > It seems something is a miss. Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Graham

    > --
    > "A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
    > education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary.
    > Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of
    > punishment and hope of reward after death."
    > [Albert Einstein, "Religion and Science", New York Times Magazine, 9
    > November 1930]
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    "Grey" <grahame9@btinternet.com> wrote in message

    > "Brad" <brad@dontuse.com> wrote in message
    >> You're not ready for that puzzle yet. You need to finish the "spirit
    >> guide" puzzle first then it will give you more clues to finish this one.
    >>

    > If you mean the colored swirly clouds puzzle, I have already done it. Is
    > there something else?

    No, the clue you got after solving the dream world, combined with Sirrus's
    colour circle is all you need to open the door. You can use the necklace at
    the door to review the dream world clue iirc.

    --
    Unforgiven
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.myst (More info?)

    > Spoilers below
    >

    > --------------------
    >

    > I'm in the Stone Forest Age. I've done the Bathysphere and I'm at the door
    > to the workshop with the funny colored dot puzzle. I gather this revoles
    > around the swatch-thingy from Spire where the central dots have to match
    it,
    > as well as making each segment equal white.
    >
    > My problem is I don't have enough colors. My swatch colors are (from top)
    > Blue, Yellow, Red, Blue, Red & Green. Which means five segments are
    primary
    > colors (RBG) and one segment is secondary (Yellow, cyan & magenta), which
    > will not work. I have tried assuming my blue is actually cyan with no luck
    > and subsituting megenta for red.
    >
    > It seems something is a miss. Any ideas?

    One other thing I have noticed. When I first played Spire, I didn't notice
    the swatch first time round and only spotted it after I played Haven. It was
    when I went back I saw it and took a picture of it.

    If I go back to a game save where I activate the "final lift", I notice the
    swatch has a different color pattern - one with three RBG patterns and three
    YCM ones, which would work at the workshop lock.

    As the pattern I have seems to be irrational (i'm still working on any
    possibilites) have I stumbled across a bug?

    I don't really want to have to go back to Spire and have to replay Haven
    from scratch.

    Graham

Games Video Games