I get error:
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed
hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive
to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.
Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then
restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524,0xC0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000)
there have been many people with this same problem i have noticed on forums
I have tried setting up raid drivers at start up using F6
I have tried various combinations of ide harddrives dvd roms memory sticks even went to pc world and got a new ide ribbon that cost £17.99 :bawling:
but in the end it came down to the graphics card
the pc im trying to build
msi 975x platinum edition
core 2 duo e6600
2x 512mb 667 mem sticks both in the top green slots
1 1gig corsair value stick in th top orange slot
a pioneer 110 or something dvd burner/rom
samsung hd400lj sata hdd that comes up in bios as third ide master
evga e-geforce 7950 gx2 superclocked edition
PSU 600w model :ezcool atx 600-jsp :wall:

I have been searching all the forums regarding this matter and in the end windows would only setup if i took out the gx2 and replaced it with an old
pci express ati x300 i had
so i set up windows and put the inf drivers on mobo
then tried putting geforce gx2 back in system then dvd rom drive dissapears
i have 3 theorys
needs bios update to make mobo compatible with gx2 cards (yet other peeps with same problem have lesser cards)
Crap PSU it was very cheap bought it fromcomputer fair (ive heard just cause they say its 600w it dont mean it is all the time)
or some issue with dvd rom and gx2 compatibillity irq problems (I havent tried disable acpi yet ill do that next)

any 1 got a clue ???

guruboy

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
Looking at that error I can almost guarentee that you've got a faulty memory module.

IMO, screw memtest for now. It can take a very long time for large amounts of RAM. If you're sure that your RAM is good (in that you get the error when using only one stick of RAM for BOTH sticks of RAM - use good logic!) then it looks like this has to be the video card, as you concluded.

Contact your video card vendor or manufacturer (I would sugges the manufacturer) and describe the problem to them. They may direct you to a driver update, or they'll go straight to an RMA, or they'll be complete ass holes. Either way, they'll have the best idea or what to do.

Mondoman

Splendid
Sounds like a classic PS problem to me. You've got a no-name PS in there with unclear specs (the +12V output is what matters here, not total wattage), an enormous power-hog video card, a high-power CPU. Someone else has posted a similar problem with an ATI video card and the same model PS.

OTOH, Corsair's Value Select is very low quality RAM (essentially like generic), so it is possible that more than one stick could be bad. Run memtest86+ with one stick at a time with only the old video card in place to verify memory operation.

My bet is on the PS.

spammydodger

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
lo guys thx for all your suggestions
there was a setting in bios to change irq of graphics so i fiddled with that and cdrom showed up but wont read any disks says i\o error
ive now put another cdrom in as a master and that one as a slave
new one works and graphics card works too but other cd rom still wont work im gonna stick with it how it is now i cant take trying to fix it any more
its good enough now :)
thx again