J2468

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
Hi guys,
I was changing boards and pulled out my Corsair DDR RAM module, plugged it in the new mobo and no boot! Pulled out the RAM, and on closer inspection one of the gold contacts at the slot end of the RAM has bent off and it appears a bit of contact has come off.

Is there any solution that i can paint(?!) on the make it conduct again?

jimw428

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2006
Send it back to Corsair, they'll repair or replace it. The contacts are plated on the PCB and if I were you, I'd ignore the suggestions for self repair. Without the proper tools, you'll only make matters worse.

IIRC, Corsair, like almost all memory suppliers, have a lifetime warranty. It's very likely that Corsair will replace the part rather than attempt to repair it.

Final note, any repair attempt will void the warranty. Simply put, don't try!

lbax

Distinguished
May 15, 2006
Send it back to Corsair, they'll repair or replace it. The contacts are plated on the PCB and if I were you, I'd ignore the suggestions for self repair. Without the proper tools, you'll only make matters worse.

IIRC, Corsair, like almost all memory suppliers, have a lifetime warranty. It's very likely that Corsair will replace the part rather than attempt to repair it.

Final note, any repair attempt will void the warranty. Simply put, don't try!

Great advice! RMA the stick.

asdasd123123

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Yup, I'm on the same line as these guys.

You can't hope to repair it, I've tried similar repairs on other electronics
Besides it shouldn't break, so my guess is it's a warranty errand.

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Best bet is to get a new stick of ram.Trying to solder it will likely do more damage unless you know exactly what you're doing.I know it sucks when things like this happen,which is why you need an extra stick of ram kicking around.Goodluck dude.

Dahak

EVGA VF4 SLI MB
X2 4400+@2.4 S-939
2 7800GT'S IN SLI MODE
2X1GIG DDR400 MEMORY IN DC MODE
WD300GIG HD
520WATT PSU
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR
3DMARK05:11,582