Dell France jumps the AMD gun

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Though the Dimension systems are scheduled to release in teh USA on 9\15 and Europe one month later, The Inq has a link to the Dell France site that shows several models available. (all predicted correctly by the Inq a week ago)

I would hardy be surprised if pre orders don't start popping up next week. Not t be outdone, HP is also launching a new business Desktop called dc5750 with chips all the way up to X2 5000+.

Here is the Google cache from France.

Linkage from Dell

And here's HP

Linkage from HP!

With Bank Of America having reported a 1-2 million chip purchase, I would say that this will be a world wide launch. The Optiplex AMD versions are set to release in Nov more than likely along with Turion X2 notebooks.

As I surmised they are positioning AMD in between the price points of PD and Core 2. That is where they belong performance wise. Anyway, two years ago this was a pipe dream and now it has happened.

AMD systems are advertised next to Intel on a Dell site. I think it's a great move on Dell's part since they can also use ATi (all current systems are nForce).

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
hooray. good for dell. now they can harvest more money from consumers, as amd chips are cheaper than intel. i'm sure that dell's stockholders are very happy. i don't give a xxxx, as i'd never buy a dell desktop (and intel has better laptop chips than amd).

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
STFU very stupid fanboy!
You were bashing Dell becouse they were using Intel and now you are eating deleted about how good they are using AMD.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
Why are the AMD systems not available when you go through the site's configuration screens for the Dimension systems?

You almost have to either look very hard to find those AMD systems (like your link shows) or they removed them from their main site, cause I cannot configure one from the site's main page.

Either way, Dell's reputation for selling bulk systems is something that can help AMD. But school has started in most areas, so they have to be content with the X'mas crowd.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
STFU very stupid fanboy!
You were bashing Dell becouse they were using Intel and now you are eating xxxx about how good they are using AMD.

Well not quite the way I would put it... however, Dell's problems run deeper than which CPU they are using.

Jack

Just look at that website which I liked to :wink:

NightlySputnik

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
For once I agree with you!

Good for DELL and us. More choices is good fro everybody. Not that AMD really kick ass now, butt they'll be back in 2007 I sincerly hope.

Still, my next computer won't be either from DELL or with an AMD cpu... :wink:

joefriday

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Good find. Looks like that site is still a bit off on the specs. Intel 945 chipset and a Sempron 3400? :lol: I'm glad to see the low end rigs pick up AMD. The 6150 LE IGP is way better than the 865GV IGP being used currently in Dell's lowest end rig. I hope these boards also come with a 16X PCIe slot. It'll make the cheap Dells a lot more appealing.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Why are the AMD systems not available when you go through the site's configuration screens for the Dimension systems?

You almost have to either look very hard to find those AMD systems (like your link shows) or they removed them from their main site, cause I cannot configure one from the site's main page.

Either way, Dell's reputation for selling bulk systems is something that can help AMD. But school has started in most areas, so they have to be content with the X'mas crowd.

They are not scheduled to launch until 9\15. Dell France jumped the gun and made a typo. They were saying they had nForce graphices and G945 chipset. They took the page down.

I think it is a good thing as I would now recommend Dell. I have used tons of Dells at work and they can be good if configured well, though I'm not a fan of P4.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
I don't eat deleted.
I hate using Craptiplex for dev work.
I hate your presence, so what?
BTW, "d" stands for Dumb, "v" stands for Violent. What does "e" stands for in "dev"?
I would take an E6300 over a PD also.
You would take halycinogenic drugs also. You need it as an inspiration for posting BS and wasting time.

Really, I'm still amazed that Macedonian caves have Internet.