Can't sync contacts with my PDA or add or delete contacts ..

January 14, 2005 11:58:33 PM

Particulars:
Windows XP Professional
Windows XP office Professional with Front Page
Outlook 2002 (10.6515.674)SP3Activesync 3.8
A week ago when I was syncing my Pocket PC(Dell Axim) ,which is a year old,
a screen started popping up saying "a program is trying to access email
addresses stored in outlook. Do you want to allow access? This kept on for
few days and then Contacts would no longer sync. Now I can open contacts
in
Outlook but can't add or delete any and Contacts I enter on my PDA won't
sync
to contacts on outlook. I saw somewhere that the popups have to do with
office updates. I've done the "detect and repair" in Outlook to no avail
and am stuck.
Help me Obiwan.Mike Sellers
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 1:42:59 AM

Does Windows XP have SP2 installed? If so, and if it is safe to turn off
the SP2 provided firewall (you have a hardware firewall or something
like ZoneAlarm installed), try turning off the SP2 firewall and then try
syncing.
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info

drteagno@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> Particulars:
> Windows XP Professional
> Windows XP office Professional with Front Page
> Outlook 2002 (10.6515.674)SP3Activesync 3.8
> A week ago when I was syncing my Pocket PC(Dell Axim) ,which is a year old,
> a screen started popping up saying "a program is trying to access email
> addresses stored in outlook. Do you want to allow access? This kept on for
> few days and then Contacts would no longer sync. Now I can open contacts
> in
> Outlook but can't add or delete any and Contacts I enter on my PDA won't
> sync
> to contacts on outlook. I saw somewhere that the popups have to do with
> office updates. I've done the "detect and repair" in Outlook to no avail
> and am stuck.
> Help me Obiwan.Mike Sellers

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 8:44:17 PM

Yes, I do have SP2 installed. Here is the latest. I reset to default all
the options in outlook. I have
control of all functions except contacts from the computer. I now sync
without the annoying "a program is trying to access your computer etc."
Anything I put in the pda now syncs with outlook. The problem is the PDA
seems to control the contacts. By that I mean any changes I make on the PDA
are updated on the pc but I still cannot add, delete or modify the contacts
on the computer. Still think I should proceed with turning off the firewall?
Thanks so much for your assistance.
"Todd Ogasawara, Mobile Devices MVP" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
message news:uNyA54t%23EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Does Windows XP have SP2 installed? If so, and if it is safe to turn off
> the SP2 provided firewall (you have a hardware firewall or something like
> ZoneAlarm installed), try turning off the SP2 firewall and then try
> syncing.
> --
> Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info
> http://www.OgasaWalrus.com/MobileDot/ - Brief News & Comments
>

> drteagno@sbcglobal.net wrote:
>> Particulars:
>> Windows XP Professional
>> Windows XP office Professional with Front Page
>> Outlook 2002 (10.6515.674)SP3Activesync 3.8
>> A week ago when I was syncing my Pocket PC(Dell Axim) ,which is a year
>> old,
>> a screen started popping up saying "a program is trying to access email
>> addresses stored in outlook. Do you want to allow access? This kept on
>> for a
>> few days and then Contacts would no longer sync. Now I can open
>> contacts in
>> Outlook but can't add or delete any and Contacts I enter on my PDA won't
>> sync
>> to contacts on outlook. I saw somewhere that the popups have to do with
>> office updates. I've done the "detect and repair" in Outlook to no avail
>> and am stuck.
>> Help me Obiwan.Mike Sellers
January 15, 2005 9:09:35 PM

Todd here is the very latest. I checked the firewall and the exceptions are
Activesync and remote access. Therefore I don't think that is the problem
but, I'm certainly not one to judge. Also, I spoke to soon on the current
operation. Here is how it stands:
From the computer I can acess calendar, contacts, tasks,
notes etc. I can modify everything except contacts which I can only view.
However, everything I modify never syncs with the PDA. On the other hand, I
have access to everyhthing on the PDA and any changes I make automatically
update on the computer. I know it sounds like I have the wrong sync options
on the activesync but I don't think so
"Mike Sellers" <msellers99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Yes, I do have SP2 installed. Here is the latest. I reset to default all
> the options in outlook. I have
> control of all functions except contacts from the computer. I now sync
> without the annoying "a program is trying to access your computer etc."
> Anything I put in the pda now syncs with outlook. The problem is the PDA
> seems to control the contacts. By that I mean any changes I make on the
> PDA
> are updated on the pc but I still cannot add, delete or modify the
> contacts
> on the computer. Still think I should proceed with turning off the
> firewall? Thanks so much for your assistance.
> "Todd Ogasawara, Mobile Devices MVP" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
> message news:uNyA54t%23EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> Does Windows XP have SP2 installed? If so, and if it is safe to turn off
>> the SP2 provided firewall (you have a hardware firewall or something like
>> ZoneAlarm installed), try turning off the SP2 firewall and then try
>> syncing.
>> --
>> Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
>> Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info
>> http://www.OgasaWalrus.com/MobileDot/ - Brief News & Comments
>>

>> drteagno@sbcglobal.net wrote:
>>> Particulars:
>>> Windows XP Professional
>>> Windows XP office Professional with Front Page
>>> Outlook 2002 (10.6515.674)SP3Activesync 3.8
>>> A week ago when I was syncing my Pocket PC(Dell Axim) ,which is a year
>>> old,
>>> a screen started popping up saying "a program is trying to access email
>>> addresses stored in outlook. Do you want to allow access? This kept on
>>> for a
>>> few days and then Contacts would no longer sync. Now I can open
>>> contacts in
>>> Outlook but can't add or delete any and Contacts I enter on my PDA won't
>>> sync
>>> to contacts on outlook. I saw somewhere that the popups have to do with
>>> office updates. I've done the "detect and repair" in Outlook to no
>>> avail and am stuck.
>>> Help me Obiwan.Mike Sellers

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 9:20:06 PM

One last thing. When I attempt to add, modify or change contacts in Outlook
from the computer a window pops up saying,"The messaging interface has
returned an unknown error, If problem persists restart Outlook. Restarting
Outlook does nothing.
Thanks

Mike
> Todd here is the very latest. I checked the firewall and the exceptions
> are Activesync and remote access. Therefore I don't think that is the
> problem but, I'm certainly not one to judge. Also, I spoke to soon on the
> current operation. Here is how it stands:
> From the computer I can acess calendar, contacts, tasks,
> notes etc. I can modify everything except contacts which I can only view.
> However, everything I modify never syncs with the PDA. On the other hand,
> I have access to everyhthing on the PDA and any changes I make
> automatically update on the computer. I know it sounds like I have the
> wrong sync options on the activesync but I don't think so
> "Mike Sellers" <msellers99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Yes, I do have SP2 installed. Here is the latest. I reset to default
>> all the options in outlook. I have
>> control of all functions except contacts from the computer. I now sync
>> without the annoying "a program is trying to access your computer etc."
>> Anything I put in the pda now syncs with outlook. The problem is the PDA
>> seems to control the contacts. By that I mean any changes I make on the
>> PDA
>> are updated on the pc but I still cannot add, delete or modify the
>> contacts
>> on the computer. Still think I should proceed with turning off the
>> firewall? Thanks so much for your assistance.
>> "Todd Ogasawara, Mobile Devices MVP" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
>> message news:uNyA54t%23EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>> Does Windows XP have SP2 installed? If so, and if it is safe to turn off
>>> the SP2 provided firewall (you have a hardware firewall or something
>>> like ZoneAlarm installed), try turning off the SP2 firewall and then try
>>> syncing.
>>> --
>>> Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
>>> Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info
>>> http://www.OgasaWalrus.com/MobileDot/ - Brief News & Comments

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 9:20:07 PM

OK. Couple of thoughts (none definitive).

0. Check the various info items and links to other ActiveSync help sites
I've collected in my ActiveSync QuickFAQs at...

http://ogasawalrus.com/mobileviews/mobilefaqs/ActiveSyn...

If nothing there is useful...

1. Head over to the Outlook newsgroup to get good advice on how to go
about backing up your desktop Outlook PST file and then restoring it if
necessary.

1.1. After you are satisfied with the PST file backup and restoration
procedure...

2. Go into ActiveSync (no need to have your PPC connected) and delete
the partnership.

3. Repair or reinstall Outlook on the desktop (you may end up doing both
if repair does not do the trick)

4. Rebuild the partnership
--

Mike Sellers wrote:
> One last thing. When I attempt to add, modify or change contacts in Outlook
> from the computer a window pops up saying,"The messaging interface has
> returned an unknown error, If problem persists restart Outlook. Restarting
> Outlook does nothing.
> Thanks
>
> Mike
> "Mike Sellers" <msellers99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>Todd here is the very latest. I checked the firewall and the exceptions
>>are Activesync and remote access. Therefore I don't think that is the
>>problem but, I'm certainly not one to judge. Also, I spoke to soon on the
>>current operation. Here is how it stands:
>>From the computer I can acess calendar, contacts, tasks,
>>notes etc. I can modify everything except contacts which I can only view.
>>However, everything I modify never syncs with the PDA. On the other hand,
>>I have access to everyhthing on the PDA and any changes I make
>>automatically update on the computer. I know it sounds like I have the
>>wrong sync options on the activesync but I don't think so
>>"Mike Sellers" <msellers99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Yes, I do have SP2 installed. Here is the latest. I reset to default
>>>all the options in outlook. I have
>>>control of all functions except contacts from the computer. I now sync
>>>without the annoying "a program is trying to access your computer etc."
>>>Anything I put in the pda now syncs with outlook. The problem is the PDA
>>>seems to control the contacts. By that I mean any changes I make on the
>>>PDA
>>>are updated on the pc but I still cannot add, delete or modify the
>>>contacts
>>>on the computer. Still think I should proceed with turning off the
>>>firewall? Thanks so much for your assistance.
>>>"Todd Ogasawara, Mobile Devices MVP" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
>>>message news:uNyA54t%23EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 10:56:05 PM

Stop everything. It appears that I have 4 personal folders files that I
need to take care of. When I go to Outlook Today (personal folders)
everything works fine. What an idiot I am. I have spent the last 4 days
working on this problem. Thanks again for your help. I may need some
assistance in managing or deleting the other folders but that can wait.

Thanks again

Mike
"Todd Ogasawara, Mobile Devices MVP" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
message news:o q2csEz%23EHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> OK. Couple of thoughts (none definitive).
>
> 0. Check the various info items and links to other ActiveSync help sites
> I've collected in my ActiveSync QuickFAQs at...
>
> http://ogasawalrus.com/mobileviews/mobilefaqs/ActiveSyn...
>
> If nothing there is useful...
>
> 1. Head over to the Outlook newsgroup to get good advice on how to go
> about backing up your desktop Outlook PST file and then restoring it if
> necessary.
>
> 1.1. After you are satisfied with the PST file backup and restoration
> procedure...
>
> 2. Go into ActiveSync (no need to have your PPC connected) and delete the
> partnership.
>
> 3. Repair or reinstall Outlook on the desktop (you may end up doing both
> if repair does not do the trick)
>
> 4. Rebuild the partnership
> --
> Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info
> http://www.OgasaWalrus.com/MobileDot/ - Brief News & Comments
>

> Mike Sellers wrote:
>> One last thing. When I attempt to add, modify or change contacts in
>> Outlook from the computer a window pops up saying,"The messaging
>> interface has returned an unknown error, If problem persists restart
>> Outlook. Restarting Outlook does nothing.
>> Thanks
>>
>> Mike
>> "Mike Sellers" <msellers99@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Todd here is the very latest. I checked the firewall and the exceptions
>>>are Activesync and remote access. Therefore I don't think that is the
>>>problem but, I'm certainly not one to judge. Also, I spoke to soon on
>>>the current operation. Here is how it stands:
>>>From the computer I can acess calendar, contacts, tasks,
>>>notes etc. I can modify everything except contacts which I can only
>>>view. However, everything I modify never syncs with the PDA. On the
>>>other hand, I have access to everyhthing on the PDA and any changes I
>>>make automatically update on the computer. I know it sounds like I have
>>>the wrong sync options on the activesync but I don't think so
>>>"Mike Sellers" <msellers99@hotmail.com> wrote in message

January 16, 2005 8:29:42 AM

Yeah, that's happened to me before too. It's fairly simple to
import/export and not allow duplicates to consolidate. I had
appointments and contacts scattered over several pst's.
October 20, 2011 10:16:27 AM

Microsoft outlook is the file where user store the information for future use. It is not possible for use to remember such a long data or information for long time.Data gets stored in the personal storage file. You may not able to syn you data with the PDA , even you may not bale to sens any contacts. Even situation arises that data even not gets deleted , at this type of situation you must go for any stellar outlook pst repair tool.
January 13, 2014 7:13:35 PM

For the purpose of keep your privacy safe, you’d better do something before you change or sell your old iPhone. Deleting all data on your iPhone completely and permanently is a best choice to prevent your important private data from leaking.
To Move Contacts group from iPhone Permanently,you must to use a iPhone data eraser software.This use guide about how to Wipe iPhone contacts permanently,it can help you delete all contacts from iPhone permanently.
!