sillywabbit

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Hello all. I'm starting to put a Conroe system together thru newegg. I've narrowed my MB selection down to the following three choices:

Asus P5B, P5B Deluxe and the P5N32SLI. I've used the newegg MB comparison chart. Knowing that I most likely won't be interested in purchasing 2 GPU's for SLI nor am I interested in OC'ing, are their any other justifications of buying either the P5B Deluxe or the P5N32SLI over the P5B for an extra $80?

If this helps to answer my question, I will only have one HD so not worried about RAID configs.

Thanks

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
I hate asus, but here it goes... Look at the specs of the two boards... If you dont need the extra features of the P5B Deluxe then buy the P5B.

sillywabbit

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
I'm open to other suggestions as far as an MB is concerned. I only narrowed it down to those 3 based on systems i have seen people building on TG forumz. Seems like there are many systems using one of these 3 boards.

Thanks for your reply too.

macazian

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
You should try looking at the GigaByte GA-965P-DS3 Motherboard, I hear it's as stable and solid as Asus and isn't as overpriced as the P5B Deluxe Motherboard.

GreenJelly

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2006
As far as support, and product quality, Ive had great luck with my Gigabyte MoBo, on my other machine... The company is responsive to emails, and generally build good products...

Asus is very popular on these forums... and Most of the early benchmarking I have seen was done using Asus MoBo's... So people use this information and they buy Asus Mobo's

Im just not happy with the quality of support from Asus, and I feel burnt that the p5b doesnt recognize the X6800 as beign multiplier unlocked.