Hello, to the wiser ones out there:

There seems to be a default font in use in Windows which I canNOT find a way
to change.
It is used when typing in the following spots..
... the Start|Run|Open field
... the URL/Address of a browser
... the filename of the Save-As dialog
... and <AMY MORE.
Would like to change it to a fixed-space font like MONOSPACE, Courier, or
System.
There seems to a nice facility for changing some fonts in
Start|ControlPanel|Display|Appearance however none of those address the areas
of my concern.

Hints appreciated as to where to make the change and what, if any, limits
there might be on the choice of fonts.

Thanks,,

"digger36" <digger36@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, to the wiser ones out there:
>
> There seems to be a default font in use in Windows which I canNOT
> find a way to change.
> It is used when typing in the following spots..
> .. the Start|Run|Open field
> .. the URL/Address of a browser
> .. the filename of the Save-As dialog
> .. and <AMY MORE.
> Would like to change it to a fixed-space font like MONOSPACE,
> Courier, or System.
> There seems to a nice facility for changing some fonts in
> Start|ControlPanel|Display|Appearance however none of those address
> the areas of my concern.
>
> Hints appreciated as to where to make the change and what, if any,
> limits there might be on the choice of fonts.
>
> Thanks,,

Have you experimented with the Icon font?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com